just The Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
Grupo Modelo has increased its share of Mexico's beer market at the expense of its main rival, Heineken-owned FEMSA Cerveza, according to analysts at JP Morgan.
The Coca-Cola Co will temporarily turn cans of its namesake drink from red to white as part of a tie-up with the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) in the US.
Moody's has downgraded Kirin Holdings following the group's deal to acquire control of Schincariol.
Treasury Wine Estates is looking to export more wine brands to support growth in key markets, but the group's shares have slipped on an uncertain outlook.
The use of the word 'shampanskoe' on Russian sparkling wine will be phased out for the end of 2022, according to local reports.
Carlsberg will transfer the head of its UK business, Isaac Sheps, to Russia as it seeks to restore confidence in its operations there.
Heineken has said that it is on track to meeting full-year profits guidance, despite seeing net sales come under pressure from currency in its fiscal third-quarter.
Rémy Cointreau has appointed Mark Breene as senior vice president and chief marketing officer of its US business.
Anheuser-Busch InBev believes that its trademark victory against Budejovický Budvar in Austria sets a precedent for rulings in other countries.
Diageo hopes to improve its sales performance in Europe this year by shifting more resources to fast-growth eastern markets and selling more super-premium spirits in western countries.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has squeezed Heineken out of the Dominican Republic via its deal to gain control of the country's largest brewer, Ceverceria Nacional Dominicana (CND)....
Heineken has lined up the creation of a sales business development role in the US....
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- Whisk(e)y leads vodka in US, but for how long?
- Wine in the UK: Tell Us Something We Don't Know
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- LIVE BLOG: Industry responds to Scotland 'No' vote
- Diageo ups Johnnie Walker Formula One presence
- A-B InBev shakes up Euro units, UK head steps down
- Diageo settles Explorers Club trademark dispute
- Bacardi lifts curtain on Bombay Sapphire distiller