just The Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
Diageo and Pernod Ricard have dominated an inaugural list of the world's top performing spirits brands.
Fraudsters posing as wine importers in the UK have cost the sector GBP600,000 (US$944,000) in lost goods over the past five months, according to the Wine & Spirit Trade Association (WSTA).
The Coca-Cola Co has said that it remains upbeat on its performance across Europe, despite recording volume declines in Central and Southern Europe in the third quarter of 2011.
A US government-backed study seeking to quantify the cost of excess alcohol cosumption has said that heavy drinking cost the US economy $223.5bn in 2006.
Diageo narrowly beat its own guidance on net sales for the first quarter of its fiscal year, with all business regions reporting growth.
SABMiller has agreed to hand its Russian and Ukrainian beer businesses to Anadolu Efes in exchange for a 24% stake in the Turkish brewer.
Pernod Ricard has beaten most analysts' estimates with a strong rise in first-quarter sales and has predicted a solid rise in profits for its full-year.
Cost savings have helped C&C Group to lift half-year profits from continuing operations, despite a drop in cider sales.
Pernod Ricard has confirmed that the MD of its unit in Portugal, Armando de Medeiros, is set to step down from the post.
Heineken has confirmed that Pascal Sabrié will replace Marc Busain as MD of its beer business in France.
Pernod Ricard has taken advantage of upgrades in its credit rating to refinance debt via a US$1.5bn bond issue.
As hard as it may be to conceive of another white spirit winning the hearts of Russian drinkers, it appears that Tequila is doing just that. If current growth rates are maintained, Russia is likely to...
Heineken has lined up the creation of a sales business development role in the US....
The Edrington Group has confirmed a change of distillery managers at two of its whisky facilities in Scotland....
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Elements 8 revamps rum packaging
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research