just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
Kirin Holdings is willing to spend at least BRL2bn (US$1.06bn) to buy out Schincariol's remaining family shareholders in order to obtain full ownership of the Brazilian brewer, according to a report.
Diageo has reportedly won the bidding process to acquire Ethiopia's last state-owned brewery, but the drinks giant has said that it has yet to have the result confirmed.
Beam Inc has begun life as a standalone spirits company, but many analysts believe that it is a case of when, not if, the Jim Beam Bourbon producer is bought.
Fraser and Neave (F&N) has said that it will look to expand its regional presence and brand portfolio following the end of its partnership with The Coca-Cola Co.
Whyte & Mackay has brought its US import operations in-house.
Coca-Cola has retained its spot as the world's most valuable brand, according to consultancy group Interbrand.
Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) has maintained its expectation that it will buy the Foster's Group assets it is entitled to under the terms of SABMiller's proposed takeover of the Australian brewer.
Constellation Brands has raised its full-year profits forecast, despite a fall in operating profits at its North American wine business in the first half of the year.
China is set to overtake the UK in terms of still light wine consumption within the next 12 months, according to recent research.
Analysts at MF Global have questioned the credibility of a fresh report linking Anheuser-Busch InBev to a takeover bid for its main rival in global brewing, SABMiller.
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Heineken to stay "active player" in beer M&A - CFO
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Focus - Pernod Ricard's Q1 sales by brand
- Time for Heineken to make a European break
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Whisky downturn slows Diageo's Scotch spend
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- Pernod Ricard sees sales lift in Q1
- Smirnoff Ice gets India launch