just The Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
Heineken has rebranded to put distance between its corporate logo and that of its namesake beer brand.
Ex-Diageo executive Simon Litherland is to join Britvic in the newly-created role of UK managing director.
The head of India's UB Group has suggested that the company would be “very interested” in teaming up with another drinks firm to make a move for Beam Inc at some point in the future.
Russian Standard has secured distribution of its namesake vodka brand in the UK through a partnership with Whyte & Mackay.
Diageo has announced a multi-million dollar marketing tie-up with Facebook, with a particular focus on emerging markets in South-East Asia and Brazil.
Coca-Cola FEMSA has said that it will acquire fellow Mexico-based Coca-Cola bottler Grupo CIMSA in a merger deal worth MXN11bn (US$834m).
William Grant & Sons has lined up a "multi-million" dollar repack and global advertising campaign for its Tullamore Dew brand.
SABMiller has agreed a deal to buy Foster's Group for AUD5.1 per share in cash, in a deal valuing the business at AUD12.3bn (US$12.6bn), including debt.
Diageo has confirmed to just-drinks that it intends to “wind down” its joint venture in India with Radico Khaitan.
The European Forum for Responsible Drinking (EFRD) and the Distilled Spirits Council of the United States (DISCUS) have launched common self-regulatory standards governing the advertising of spirits through social networking sites, blogs and mobile apps, including user-generated material.
This month's management briefing looks at one of the toughtest areas in our - or any other - industry: The rebrand. In this four part-briefing, Richard Woodard looks in depth at all aspects of the min...
In part two of this month's four-part just-drinks management briefing, Richard Woodard continues to cast his eye over the rebranding process. What are the effects of a rebrand, and how broadly are tho...
Winding up our management briefing for March, Richard Woodard gets the inside track on Pernod Ricard's Plymouth Gin brand, a product that recently underwent a considerable rebrand....
I shifted my money off Bacardi's square today. For what it's worth, I don't think the firm is in the Beam Inc picture anymore....
It's been quite a first week for just-drinks' new deputy editor, James Wilmore. By way of introduction to the global drinks industry, he's been out and about already, meeting the likes of Pernod Ricar...
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018