just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
Exports of Scotch whisky leapt by around a fifth in the first half of 2011, owing to strong demand from emerging markets and also consumers in the US, the Scotch Whisky Association has said.
Foster's Group has formally urged its shareholders to reject an expected hostile takeover bid from SABMiller.
The European Commission has scaled back plans to restrict the use of the colouring Sunset Yellow.
The UK arm of Pernod Ricard has confirmed that its incoming managing director has left the company.
Johnnie Walker has strengthened its position as the biggest-selling spirits brand in the travel retail channel, ahead of next week's TFWA exhibition in Cannes.
Diageo has created a new business unit in North America for up-and-coming drinks brands in its portfolio.
The CEO of the Wine & Spirit Trade Association has said that the drinks industry must adapt to life in a divided UK market, as Scotland prepares to introduce tougher rules on alcohol sales.
PepsiCo has announced several executive changes, including the appointment of a CEO of PepsiCo Americas Beverages.
Grolsch has had a EUR32m fine for participating in a pricing cartel in the Netherlands annulled.
Consumption of imported spirits in Russia grew by 10.6% in 2010 versus 2009, according to a recent report from The IWSR.
In the first part of this five-part briefing, Ben Cooper looks at the use of water in the brewing process, and brewers' attempts to reduce the amount wasted, as part of their sustainability efforts....
Part two of this month's briefing sees Ben Cooper consider the role water plays when it comes to the raw materials for brewers....
We're halfway there! The third part of this month's five-part briefing looks at the brewers' community investment programmes, external engagement efforts and collaboration moves in the environmental s...
In the penultimate part of this month's briefing, Ben Cooper turns his attention to energy use and carbon emissions from the multinational brewers....
The fifth and final part of February's management briefing focuses on the role packaging plays in the brewers' battles to operate more sustainably....
Diageo has lined up a whisky and music festival at its Bushmills distillery in Northern Ireland this summer....
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Coca-Cola to get boost from Monster in China
- CCE shows faith in Coca-Cola Life with full launch
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- United Spirits bids for distribution deal approval
- Gruppo Campari US unit head steps down
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018