just The Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week.
Coca-Cola Enterprises has reinstated a EUR17m (US$24m) investment plan in France just 24 hours after announcing a review of the spend, amid a backlash from senior politicians.
PepsiCo's CFO has warned that weak economies in the developed world are making it increasingly difficult for soft drinks companies to offset lower volume sales with price increases.
Heineken could invest up to EUR400m (US$563m) in Democratic Republic of Congo over the next five years, despite ongoing concern about poor infrastructure and political violence in the country.
Diageo has declined to comment on a report out of India that says the drinks giant will re-enter the market for domestically-produced whisk(e)y in order to boost scale in the country.
Diageo may have to bide its time if it wants acquire Jose Cuervo Tequila at a reasonable price, according to Mexico-based analysts.
Pernod Ricard has attained an "investment grade" credit rating at Moody's, adding more evidence that the drinks giant is close to chalking off debt accrued via its purchase of Vin & Sprit.
New Zealand wine faces consolidation as it wrestles with the global impact of exchange rates and a growing vintage size.
Big brewers are not known for buying businesses and leaving them to their own devices, but Molson Coors and Sharp's Brewery appear to have struck a reasonably happy medium. Chris Mercer reports on what has been happening since Molson Coors' acquisition.
In the first part of this five-part briefing, Ben Cooper looks at the use of water in the brewing process, and brewers' attempts to reduce the amount wasted, as part of their sustainability efforts....
Part two of this month's briefing sees Ben Cooper consider the role water plays when it comes to the raw materials for brewers....
We're halfway there! The third part of this month's five-part briefing looks at the brewers' community investment programmes, external engagement efforts and collaboration moves in the environmental s...
In the penultimate part of this month's briefing, Ben Cooper turns his attention to energy use and carbon emissions from the multinational brewers....
The fifth and final part of February's management briefing focuses on the role packaging plays in the brewers' battles to operate more sustainably....
Diageo has appointed its North America president, Ivan Menezes, to the position of global chief operating officer....
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Brand
- Diageo upbeat on Scotch prospects
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Edrington appoints new board director
- Britvic appoints SABMiller's Dunn as CFO
- Whyte & Mackay brings RumChata to UK
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research