just The Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
Diageo's CEO has indicated to just-drinks that the group is unlikely to make an immediate move for Beam Global drinks brands once the US firm becomes a standalone spirits player.
Foster's Group has reported full-year net losses of AUD89m (US$93m), but said it will hand AUD500m back to shareholders in the next 12 months as it seeks steer investors away from SABMiller's clutches.
Diageo has succeeded in gaining a strong foothold in Turkey's emerging spirits market by completing a deal to acquire Mey Içki for US$2.1bn.
Heineken has reported a fall in half-year profits, despite higher beer sales, and has predicted that full-year profits will not rise on last year.
The CEO of Wines of South Africa has criticised claims of worker abuse in the country's wine industry as misjudged, unsubstantiated and biased.
Treasury Wine Estates has returned to profits in its latest full-year, but the newly-demerged wine group continues to face challenges from currency and consumer sentiment in key markets.
Australian Vintage has hailed progress on efforts to transform its business, despite reporting lower sales and profits for its fiscal year.
Fortune Brands is set to be dissolved and reborn as Beam Inc, a standalone spirits company, within the next six weeks.
Coca-Cola FEMSA has decided to cut its three business divisions down to two, as part of a group restructure.
United Spirits has denied reports that it has provided a guaranteee to the ailing Kingfisher Airlines, as questions mount over owner Vijay Mallya's options for both businesses....
Innocent Drinks is to launch a promotion across its children's smoothie range in the UK that will offer free packs of plant and vegetable seeds....
Pernod Ricard's CEO, Pierre Pringuet, has said that Europe remains a "bastion" for the group, despite seeing growth increasingly driven by so-called emerging markets....
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research