just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Tsingtao Brewery Co has seen demand for its beers outpace the growth of China's beer market in the first half of 2011.
The World Trade Organisation has confirmed that it has sided with the US and European Union in their dispute with the Philippines over tax on imported spirits, but an appeal is expected.
Wine consumption in the US is expected to rise by 6% over the next five years, after increasing by 2% alone in 2010, according to the Beverage Information Group.
Champagne's trade council has continued to relax controls on production in 2011, in anticipation of higher consumer demand for the French fizz.
SABMiller's joint-venture in China, CR Snow Breweries, is understood to be close to acquiring the beer business of China Kweichow Moutai Distillery Group.
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has unveiled its new corporate branding, in preparation for life as a standalone spirits company.
SABMiller is set to go hostile in its bid for Foster's Group after announcing that it will launch a conditional offer for the brewer at the same price as its previous bid of AUD4.9 (US$5.1) per share.
Carlsberg's shares have taken a battering after the brewer chopped full-year profits guidance following a "disappointing and unexpected" performance in Russia.
Diageo has restarted operations at its Cameronbridge distillery in Scotland, following an acid spill at the site.
The Coca-Cola Co has said that it plans to invest US$4bn with its bottling partners in China over the next three years.
Kingway's controlling shareholder, state-owned GDH, is set to profit from growing rivalry among multinational brewers in China....
SABMiller's Chinese joint-venture, CR Snow Breweries, could get a second chance to dig its claws into Kingway Brewery and mount a stronger challenge to Tsingtao in the country's Guangdong province....
MillerCoors has reported a dip in full-year sales and profits amid weak consumer demand for big beer brands, but a fourth-quarter gain offered some grounds for optimism....
Molson Coors has reported a drop in full-year profits, despite higher beer sales....
Higher beer prices and strong consumer demand in Vietnam helped Asia Pacific Breweries to post rises in sales and profits in its first fiscal quarter....
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- US spirits pricing went "a little high" - Diageo
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Diageo H1 sales flatline as Q2 improves
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research