just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Fortune Brands has moved another step closer to recreating itself as a standalone spirits company, after completing the sale of its golf business.
SABMiller's Chinese joint-venture, China Resources Snow Breweries, has acquired all outstanding shares in two breweries in China's Zhejiang province, as it seeks to expand its reach in the country's beer market.
Kirin Holdings has emerged as the winner in the battle to take control of Brazil's second largest brewer, Schincariol, in a BRL3.95bn (US$2.5bn) deal.
Accolade Wines has turned its attention to Asia Pacific, with the creation of a commercial general manager role for the region.
Wine Australia has appointed Angela Slade as its new director for North America.
Gruppo Campari plans to market its new cachaça brand, Sagatiba, more strongly in Brazil to take advantage of emerging demand for premium drinks in the country.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has revamped the can and secondary packaging for its flagship Budweiser brand.
Kraft Foods will separate its drinks brands as part of a plan to split the company in two.
The second part of January's management briefing sees Spiros Malandrakis and Zsuzsa Szilagyi, alcoholics drinks analysts at Euromonitor International, turn their attention to beer and cider. What doe...
Pete Brown is back, refreshed, raring to go, and pondering the future. "Which way will beer go in 2012?", he asks the tea leaves....
SABMiller's Chinese joint-venture, CR Snow Breweries, could get a second chance to dig its claws into Kingway Brewery and mount a stronger challenge to Tsingtao in the country's Guangdong province....
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- just Five Years Ago: A-B InBev sells Oriental
- Comment - Coke Life: Hit or Miss?
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- Remy posts Q1 sales drop as Edrington loss bites
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Distell to take 26% stake in spirits firm KHEAL