just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Constellation Brands has added another director to its board.
SABMiller has denied that its interactive football promotion in South Africa, the Carling Black Label Cup, uses ideas taken from a third party without permission.
Asahi Group Holdings has raised its profits forecast for 2011, with cost savings and tax benefits expected to outweight damage caused to facilities by the Japanese earthquake.
Beer sales in the UK have continued to sink to new lows in the first half of 2011, with the British Beer & Pub Association pointing the blame at higher tax.
Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton's drinks division has continued to rebound from the height of the global recession, with strong rises in half-year sales and profits.
The chairman & CEO of Fortune Brands has announced his intention to retire from the company once it has separated its businesses and completed the shift from Beam Global Spirits & Wine to Beam Inc.
The US Securities and Exchange Commission has fined Diageo US$16m for failing to stop its subsidiaries bribing officials in the emerging markets of India, Thailand and South Korea.
Danone has said that emerging markets will be its key focus for the remainder of the year, as it seeks to capitalise on consumer health trends in soft drinks.
Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE) has said that the firm's brand strength in Europe gives it enough clout to use pricing to fend of higher commodity costs for the rest of 2011.
Foster's Group has changed the name of its Carlton & United Breweries unit to Carlton United Brewers.
SABMiller's Chinese joint-venture, CR Snow Breweries, could get a second chance to dig its claws into Kingway Brewery and mount a stronger challenge to Tsingtao in the country's Guangdong province....
Accolade Wines has renewed a sponsorship deal for its Hardys and Echo Falls brands with the television show 'Come Dine With Me'. ...
SABMiller has contributed a greater amount to Altria's profits for the tobacco firm's fiscal year....
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Diageo adds to Entourage tie-up - video
- NPD: Brewdog's Born to Die
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review