just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week.
Alexandre Ricard has climbed another rung on the Pernod Ricard ladder, after the group announced that he will leave Irish Distillers and take up the post of global MD for distribution.
Anheuser-Busch InBev's Quilmes brewer is to spend ARS3bn (US$730.2m) up to 2015 to meet growing consumer demand for beer in its native Argentina.
Diageo is considering a fresh investment plan to redevelop part of its St James's Gate Guinness brewery in Ireland.
Carlsberg shares have tumbled after Russia's parliament voted to back new sales restrictions on alcohol.
SABMiller is tentatively emerging as the frontrunner to acquire Brazil's Schincariol, but family politics and tax issues appear to have made all potential buyers wary.
Asahi Group Holdings has entered into a fresh agreement to purchase P&N Beverages in a JPY16.3bn (US$202m) deal that has been revised to satisfy Australia's competition watchdog.
The Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) sugar price index rose by 14% from May to June as the market reacted to a predicted shortage in Brazil.
SABMiller believes that stronger consumer demand for beer and more efficient production, backed by strong lobbying, are set to see Latin America continue to emerge as a key region for the brewer over the next five years.
China's Bright Food Group has denied that it is interested in acquiring Treasury Wine Estates, according to reports.
Nemiroff has resumed production after a majority of its own shareholders blocked operations at its distillery due to an ownership dispute.
I can't help but feel slightly bemused by the furore surrounding a report that Anheuser-Busch InBev paid a communications agency to change details on a Wikipedia page for one of its brands....
Ten years on and the legacy of Pernod Ricard and Diageo's carve-up of Seagram is still being felt....
Guangzhou Zhujiang Brewery is planning to raise up to CNY2.21bn (US$350m) via a share issue in order to expand capacity in China's growing beer market, according to local reports....
The UK arm of Anheuser-Busch InBev has defended its use of a lobbying agency to remove references to the term 'wife beater' from the Wikipedia page for its Stella Artois lager brand....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research