just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Grupo Modelo is set to meet with Anheuser-Busch InBev to seek permission to launch a takeover bid for Foster's Group, according to a report.
Diageo is funding a programme to train 10,000 midwives in England and Wales to offer advice about the dangers of drinking alcohol during pregnancy.
Resurgent demand for Japanese whisky has taken distillers by surprise, forcing Suntory Holdings to ration supplies of its Yamazaki single malt.
Drinks firms such as Diageo and Heineken are expected to continue pulling resources out of Greece over the next 12 months as the country's economy worsens.
PepsiCo has said it will trial its reduced-sugar cola, Pepsi Next, for 24 weeks before deciding whether to roll it out further.
Anheuser-Busch InBev is lining up a lead sponsor deal for its Budweiser brand for The FA Cup knockout football tournament in the UK, just-drinks understands.
Heineken has secured a near-10% refund on a EUR219m (US$309m) fine handed down to the brewer by the European Commission for its part in forming a beer cartel in the Netherlands.
China has become the latest country to be represented in New Zealand's wine industry after investors acquired the Paritua winery.
Carlsberg's Baltika Breweries has chopped its annual shareholder dividend by around two thirds, as figures show that Russia's beer consumption has been set back by five years.
SABMiller has said that it paid US$8bn in corporate tax globally in its last fiscal year, as officials from five African countries prepare to meet to discuss the brewer's contributions.
As vodka sales have soared over the last ten years, gin has been somewhat in the doldrums. However, a new The IWSR/just-drinks report shows that the premium gin category is now growing, on the back of...
Beam Inc is to buy Cooley Distillery, the only remaining independent whiskey distillery outside Pernod Ricard and Diageo's operations in Ireland, for close to US$95m....
Diageo and P Diddy have launched a new advertising campaign for their Ciroc vodka brand....
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- The global beer category - The facts
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research