just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Diageo has said that its focus on Scotch whisky and premium white spirits will ensure that it outperforms rivals in key emerging markets in Asia, particularly China.
Britvic Ireland is to purchase Co Tyrone-based drinks wholesaler Quinn's from Tennents Northern Ireland.
Distell has acquired a significant stake in UK-based distributor BrandPhoenix in a bid to further strengthen its presence in the UK.
Diageo has lined up a US$9m advertising spend for the Ketel One vodka brand in the US.
Brown-Forman has tweaked the bottle shape for its flagship Jack Daniel's Old No 7 whiskey.
PepsiCo has launched a Latino music programme in the US that will see the soft drinks giant host a series of live Pepsi concerts across six states throughout the summer.
Thai Public Beverage Co (ThaiBev) has reported increases in both first-quarter sales and profits, but the group's beer business has remained in the red.
Constellation Wines Australia and Europe plans to expand its sales network in Eastern Europe as it seeks to establish itself in more wine growth markets.
Wine companies operating in Western Europe need to brace themselves for a fragile recovery in the region, according to Euromonitor.
ts of Europe and North America if consumer demand for beer continues to be weak.
Diageo's CEO, Paul Walsh, has again been heard to criticise UK Government tax policy for driving the company's top people abroad, but global drinks market trends look just as culpable....
An alliance announced this morning (4 November) between PepsiCo and Tingyi Holding has been hailed by analysts as a smart move for both firms, and a signal that competition is set to intensify in Chin...
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk