just the Round-up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
The US arm of Anheuser-Busch InBev has lined up the purchase of Chicago-based craft brewer Goose Island for US$38.8m.
Pernod Ricard has warned retailers in the UK to be vigilant after hundreds of bottles of counterfeit Jacob's Creek have been found on sale in the country.
Coca-Cola FEMSA, together with stakeholder The Coca-Cola Co, has acquired Panama-based dairy and juice company Grupo Industrias Lacteas.
Foster's Group's own advisor has told it that a demerger of the firm's beer and wine arms will open up both divisions to takeover offers, with Treasury Wine Estates set to begin trading on Australia's stock exchange in early May.
Both Bacardi and Pernod Ricard have made positive noises about the latest ruling in the US on their long-running row over the Havana Club trademark.
The Coca-Cola Co has launched its largest global marketing campaign for its Fanta CSD brand.
SABMiller expects sales of Coors Light lager to overtake Anheuser-Busch InBev's Budweiser in the US this year, amid signs of improvement in the country's mainstream beer market.
Diageo's talks with the owner of the Zacapa rum brand are ongoing, just-drinks has learnt, despite the current partnership scheduled to end today (31 March).
Heineken has given up attempting to be a nationwide brewer in Russia and is instead focussing its resources on key regions in order to improve its beer market share, the brewer's chief financial officer has said.
PepsiCo's chief financial officer has told just-drinks that the company does not expect to make any more large-scale acquisitions in the immediate future.
Companies: Pernod Ricard, Ricard, Anheuser-Busch InBev, Fomento Economico Mexicano, Jacob’s Creek, Bacardi Ltd, The Coca-Cola Company, Fanta, Foster’s Group Ltd, Molson Coors, SABMiller, Havana Club, Diageo, Heineken, PepsiCo
The global wine industry remains highly fragmented. In a recent Euromonitor International global briefing, entitled 'How Wine Companies Can Become Global', Jeremy Cunnington looked at why, and whether...
StarBev is working to launch its Staropramen lager in 15 new markets, the brewer's CEO has told just-drinks....
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- What's in store for Super Bowl 5 - Focus
- Will value-sharing in Travel Retail become reality
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- Moet Hennessy sees China rebound in strong FY
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research