just the Round-up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
The US arm of Anheuser-Busch InBev has lined up the purchase of Chicago-based craft brewer Goose Island for US$38.8m.
Pernod Ricard has warned retailers in the UK to be vigilant after hundreds of bottles of counterfeit Jacob's Creek have been found on sale in the country.
Coca-Cola FEMSA, together with stakeholder The Coca-Cola Co, has acquired Panama-based dairy and juice company Grupo Industrias Lacteas.
Foster's Group's own advisor has told it that a demerger of the firm's beer and wine arms will open up both divisions to takeover offers, with Treasury Wine Estates set to begin trading on Australia's stock exchange in early May.
Both Bacardi and Pernod Ricard have made positive noises about the latest ruling in the US on their long-running row over the Havana Club trademark.
The Coca-Cola Co has launched its largest global marketing campaign for its Fanta CSD brand.
SABMiller expects sales of Coors Light lager to overtake Anheuser-Busch InBev's Budweiser in the US this year, amid signs of improvement in the country's mainstream beer market.
Diageo's talks with the owner of the Zacapa rum brand are ongoing, just-drinks has learnt, despite the current partnership scheduled to end today (31 March).
Heineken has given up attempting to be a nationwide brewer in Russia and is instead focussing its resources on key regions in order to improve its beer market share, the brewer's chief financial officer has said.
PepsiCo's chief financial officer has told just-drinks that the company does not expect to make any more large-scale acquisitions in the immediate future.
The global wine industry remains highly fragmented. In a recent Euromonitor International global briefing, entitled 'How Wine Companies Can Become Global', Jeremy Cunnington looked at why, and whether...
StarBev is working to launch its Staropramen lager in 15 new markets, the brewer's CEO has told just-drinks....
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Pernod takes Absolut Warhol push to Travel Retail
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014