just the Round-up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
UK reports over the weekend have suggested that Diageo is mulling a US$2bn move to acquire full control of the Jose Cuervo Tequila brand.
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has acquired US spirits brand Skinnygirl for an undisclosed sum.
SABMiller has reiterated its commitment to the Pacific Beverages joint venture it operates in Australia with Coca-Cola Amatil.
SABMiller expects to make more revenue from beer sales in Africa over the next four years than it had originally forecast.
Coca-Cola has dropped out of the top ten of Brand Finance Global's 500 most valuable brands for the first time.
Whyte & Mackay has moved to create the position of marketing director for its international markets.
Bacardi has switched global social responsibility ambassadors, from Michael Schumacher to Rafael Nadal.
Duty tax on beer, wine and spirits in the UK will rise by another 2% above inflation, the UK Government has announced.
Foster's Group has withheld beer from two of Australia's largest retailers, Coles and Woolworth's, over a price dispute, according to reports.
The chairman and CEO of French drinks group Belvédère, Jacques Rouvroy and Krzysztof Trylinski, appear to have lost a legal battle to prevent their assets being seized by two UK-based investment funds.
The arrival of an agreement between Foster's Group and SABMiller over the latter's bid for the former earlier today has come about - in part - following an improved bid by SAB, as one would expect. Ho...
Diageo's multi-million dollar partnership with Facebook is a sign of things to come and makes sense for all parties....
New guidelines for social media launched yesterday by the European Forum for Responsible Drinking (EFRD) and the Distilled Spirits Council of the United States (DISCUS) set new standards of self-regul...
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- Why Millennials are driving premium wine demand
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Piper-Heidsieck agrees three-year Oscars tie-up
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets