just the Round-up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
UK reports over the weekend have suggested that Diageo is mulling a US$2bn move to acquire full control of the Jose Cuervo Tequila brand.
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has acquired US spirits brand Skinnygirl for an undisclosed sum.
SABMiller has reiterated its commitment to the Pacific Beverages joint venture it operates in Australia with Coca-Cola Amatil.
SABMiller expects to make more revenue from beer sales in Africa over the next four years than it had originally forecast.
Coca-Cola has dropped out of the top ten of Brand Finance Global's 500 most valuable brands for the first time.
Whyte & Mackay has moved to create the position of marketing director for its international markets.
Bacardi has switched global social responsibility ambassadors, from Michael Schumacher to Rafael Nadal.
Duty tax on beer, wine and spirits in the UK will rise by another 2% above inflation, the UK Government has announced.
Foster's Group has withheld beer from two of Australia's largest retailers, Coles and Woolworth's, over a price dispute, according to reports.
The chairman and CEO of French drinks group Belvédère, Jacques Rouvroy and Krzysztof Trylinski, appear to have lost a legal battle to prevent their assets being seized by two UK-based investment funds.
The arrival of an agreement between Foster's Group and SABMiller over the latter's bid for the former earlier today has come about - in part - following an improved bid by SAB, as one would expect. Ho...
Diageo's multi-million dollar partnership with Facebook is a sign of things to come and makes sense for all parties....
New guidelines for social media launched yesterday by the European Forum for Responsible Drinking (EFRD) and the Distilled Spirits Council of the United States (DISCUS) set new standards of self-regul...
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018