just the Round-up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Oddbins has moved to secure its future by closing 39 stores across the UK.
Heineken has lined up a change to the board of directors at Heineken Holding.
Germany's Bavarian Brewers' association may appeal a ruling by Italian authorities that allows Dutch brewer Bavaria to continue selling its namesake beers in the country.
Suntory Holdings-owned Orangina Schweppes France has launched two new flavours of its principal soft drink brand, Orangina.
Beam Global Spirits & Wine's distributor in the UK, Maxxium, is to maintain its marketing spend on Courvoisier Cognac in 2011, buoyed by success from increasing its investment last year.
The joint-venture between Heineken and Fraser & Neave, Asia Pacific Breweries, is to sell its stake in China's Kingway Brewery in order to invest more resources in its own business in the country.
Brown-Forman has said it sees more strong growth for Jack Daniel's outside of the US, after a strong showing from the whiskey brand in the group's year so far.
The head of Pernod Ricard has clarified the company's current M&A stance, and stated that he intends for the company to play a part in industry consolidation going forward.
Kirin Holdings has further extended its reach beyond Japan's stagnant drinks market by acquiring a majority stake in one of Vietnam's leading soft drinks producers, Interfood Shareholding Co.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has strengthened its grip on China's Henan province by signing a deal to acquire Weixue Beer Group Co for an undisclosed fee.
A ruling on Kronenbourg 1664 by the UK's advertising watchdog has the potential to set a precedent for marketeers of home-brewed 'foreign' beers....
United Breweries is planning to build two breweries in India as it continues to prosper on the country's fledgling beer market. ...
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018