just the Round-up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Rémy Cointreau has moved a step closer to selling off its Champagne division, with the opening of talks with France's Societe Europeenne de Participations Industrielles (EPI).
SABMiller is looking to up its presence in the Heineken-dominated Nigerian beer market, with the construction of a new brewery in the country.
The Coca-Cola Co has said it has exercised its option to purchase all outstanding shares in Honest Tea.
Russian Standard will spend up to US$10m to upgrade its newly-acquired Buinsky Spirit Distillery as it looks to build on a rise in volume sales in 2010.
The sale of Nemiroff appears to have reached an impasse after the company's two leading shareholders said that they have withdrawn from talks to offload the vodka business.
Brown-Forman has lined up the sale of its California-based Fetzer Vineyards to Viña Concha y Toro for US$238m.
Anheuser-Busch InBev's CEO, Carlos Brito, has calmed speculation that the brewer could return to the acquisition table in 2011.
The senior VP of sales at Heineken's US division is leaving the brewer to take a senior role at Pabst Brewing Company in the country.
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) has said it still plans to launch its Lucozade energy drink in the US "when the time is right", and that it is also eyeing other global markets.
Oddbins is under threat of going into administration in a matter of weeks, just-drinks has been told, although the group maintains that it has other options still available.
A ruling on Kronenbourg 1664 by the UK's advertising watchdog has the potential to set a precedent for marketeers of home-brewed 'foreign' beers....
SABMiller is reportedly almost ready to submit its hostile takeover offer for Foster's Group, as the Australian brewer's share price continues to wobble....
Duvel Moortgat has reported strong increases in net sales and profits for the first half of 2011, boosted by the acquisition of De Koninck Brewery and consumer thirst for small-scale beer brands. ...
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages