just the Round-up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Rémy Cointreau has moved a step closer to selling off its Champagne division, with the opening of talks with France's Societe Europeenne de Participations Industrielles (EPI).
SABMiller is looking to up its presence in the Heineken-dominated Nigerian beer market, with the construction of a new brewery in the country.
The Coca-Cola Co has said it has exercised its option to purchase all outstanding shares in Honest Tea.
Russian Standard will spend up to US$10m to upgrade its newly-acquired Buinsky Spirit Distillery as it looks to build on a rise in volume sales in 2010.
The sale of Nemiroff appears to have reached an impasse after the company's two leading shareholders said that they have withdrawn from talks to offload the vodka business.
Brown-Forman has lined up the sale of its California-based Fetzer Vineyards to Viña Concha y Toro for US$238m.
Anheuser-Busch InBev's CEO, Carlos Brito, has calmed speculation that the brewer could return to the acquisition table in 2011.
The senior VP of sales at Heineken's US division is leaving the brewer to take a senior role at Pabst Brewing Company in the country.
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) has said it still plans to launch its Lucozade energy drink in the US "when the time is right", and that it is also eyeing other global markets.
Oddbins is under threat of going into administration in a matter of weeks, just-drinks has been told, although the group maintains that it has other options still available.
A ruling on Kronenbourg 1664 by the UK's advertising watchdog has the potential to set a precedent for marketeers of home-brewed 'foreign' beers....
SABMiller is reportedly almost ready to submit its hostile takeover offer for Foster's Group, as the Australian brewer's share price continues to wobble....
Duvel Moortgat has reported strong increases in net sales and profits for the first half of 2011, boosted by the acquisition of De Koninck Brewery and consumer thirst for small-scale beer brands. ...
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Carlsberg's Q4 & Full Year - Preview
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Diageo's Oban Little Bay single malt Scotch - NPD
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research