just the Round-up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Heineken has confirmed a change of chief marketing officer at its US division.
The biggest shareholder in South African drinks group KWV, Zeder Investments, has sold the majority of its stake following last week's failed buyout of KWV by Pioneer Foods.
Private label specialist Supervalu is taking on brewing heavyweights Anheuser-Busch InBev and MillerCoors by launching a cheaper alternative to the likes of Bud Light and Coors Light.
Analyst group Sanford Bernstein has said that the potential purchase of The Coca-Cola Co's German bottling operations by Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE) carries "great risk".
The Coca-Cola Co has recorded a 3% increase in operating profits for the full-year.
Global Champagne sales rebounded in 2010, but demand failed to surpass the levels of 2008, according to trade body Comité Interprofessionnel des Vins de Champagne (CIVC).
Diageo's CEO, Paul Walsh, has said that the drinks giant would take a look at Beam Global Spirits & Wine if the business becomes available for acquisition.
Bacardi has had its registration of the Havana Club trademark revoked in three Eastern European markets, just-drinks understands, leaving only the US as recognising its ownership.
Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE) has recorded an increase in full-year profits, despite "ongoing soft macroeconomic conditions and challenging fourth-quarter weather".
Laurent-Perrier has reported a stronger rise in Champagne sales than some of its rivals in the final three months of 2010, but the group still lagged its pre-crisis performance.
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets