just the Round-up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
William Grant & Sons has confirmed that it will consider building a distillery in Ireland for its recently-acquired Tullamore Dew whiskey brand.
Heineken has redesigned cans for its namesake beer brand in the US.
Constellation Brands has completed the sale of its Australian and UK wine operations to CHAMP Private Equity for AUD290m (US$290m).
Foster's Group's wine arm, Treasury Wine Estates, has withdrawn funding from trade body Wine Australia in the UK, its largest export market.
Vina Concha y Toro is to acquire 40% of Chilean brewer Cerveceria Kross for an undisclosed sum.
Anheuser-Busch InBev's Stella Artois Cidre
KWV and Pioneer Foods have terminated Pioneer's attempt to take over the South African wine and spirits maker.
Diageo has appointed its marketing and innovation director for Ireland, Oliver Loomes, as its new global brand director for Guinness.
Analyst group Credit Suisse has floated the idea of a US$71bn mega-merger between the world's two biggest brewers, Anheuser-Busch InBev and SABMiller.
Pernod Ricard has claimed victory in Spain in its ongoing Havana Club legal row with Bacardi.
The US arm of Heineken is preparing the next advert in its 'Be a Man of the World' campaign for Heineken Light....
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018