just the Round-up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Foster's Group's share price has spiked following fresh reports that SABMiller is working on a takeover offer for its Australian beer business, Carlton & United Breweries.
Moet Hennessy owner LVMH has had a bid for Remy Cointreau's Champagne business turned down but is still leading a group of Champagne houses in pursuit of the division, according to local reports.
Spirits sales in the US have shown signs of recovery in 2010, with value growth marginally ahead of volume, the US Distilled Spirits Council has said.
Bacardi has confirmed one change and one newly-created post in its regional leadership team.
Many small Chilean wineries are struggling to survive the country's strong peso currency, which has damaged the value of exports, according to Rabobank.
Diageo is set to increase its presence in Vietnam after agreeing to acquire almost 24% of leading local spirits group Hanoi Liquor Joint Stock Co for GBP33m (US$52.2m).
PepsiCo has received approval from the Russian competition regulator to acquire Wimm-Bill-Dann.
Embattled drinks group Belvédère has said that it has paid back a further EUR15m (US$20.5m) of debt in order to silence doubts about its finances.
William Grant & Sons has refused to rule itself out of a potential move for some of Beam Global Spirits & Wine's brands, should any become available in the future.
Foster's Group has confirmed that it has raised its stake in New Zealand-based Rapaura Vintners to 50%.
SABMiller's entry into Belgium's speciality beer market makes sense and more niche deals are likely across Europe's craft beer sector....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research