just the Round-up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Remy Cointreau has said that it has received interest in its Champagne business, but the group declined to put a deadline on a sale.
Diageo has appointed Mark Hubler as president, open states and Greg Armstrong to the position of president, control states and national accounts for the US spirits division of Diageo North America.
Jamba Inc, producer of Jamba Juice beverages, has reported a slight increase in fourth quarter like-for-like sales at its stores.
Strong demand for SABMiller's lagers in Africa and China has helped the brewer to increase global volume sales in its fiscal third quarter.
The UK Government's decision to ban sales of alcohol below the sum of duty tax and value added tax has split opinion in the drinks industry amid accusations that it will do little to affect prices.
Heineken has lined up the global launch of online advert 'The Entrance' for its namesake beer brand.
Diageo and Heineken's subsidiary in South Africa, Brandhouse, has claimed victory in a long-running advertising dispute with the country's leading brewer, SABMiller.
The head winemaker for Pernod Ricard's Jacob's Creek has said that he is confident of persuading UK consumers to trade up to the group's new Regional Reserves wines.
Remy Cointreau has reported a strong sales increase in its fiscal third quarter as Chinese consumers continued to demand premium Cognac.
Scotch whisky distillers are on-track to set a new export record for the fifth year in a row, according to the Scotch Whisky Association and the UK Government.
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's H1 Performance by Brand
- Three Questions for the Drinks Industry
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Diageo Q1 sales dip "in line with expectations"
- TWE unveils Penfolds range after CEO's "bold move"