just the Round-up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Carlsberg's CEO has used an interview to criticise hedge funds for artificially increasing the cost of raw materials as concerns grow about food commodity prices.
The managing director of United Spirits, Vijay Rekhi, has shrugged off flat profits and a fall in sales at the Indian group's Whyte & Mackay subsidiary.
The European Commission has launched a formal probe into a planned joint venture involving two of the world’s largest orange juice manufacturers – Brazil’s Votorantim and Fischer.
Gruppo Campari is to move distribution of Frangelico and Carolans in Australia in-house, ending a deal with Japan's Suntory.
Chilean winemaker Vina Concha y Toro has reported a 6% rise in net sales for 2010.
The UK arm of Diageo is to double its digital advertising spend on Smirnoff in the country this year, as companies' investments in online marketing continues to grow.
Constellation Brands is locked in a dispute over the ownership of Italian wine group Ruffino.
Heineken has boosted its already-dominant position in Nigeria with the purchase of five breweries in the country.
Brown-Forman has promoted its MD of North Asia, Michael McShane, to the position of MD for Asia Pacific.
The soft drinks arm of Anadolu Efes, Coca-Cola Icecek, has reported a strong rise in soft drinks sales by volume for 2010.
Don't assume that SABMiller has fired the starting gun on a bid battle for Foster's Group....
Carlsberg shares have tumbled after Russia's parliament voted to back new sales restrictions on alcohol....
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Brand
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Tesco pulls small carton-size Ribena, Rubicon, Cap
- Whyte & Mackay brings RumChata to UK
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research