just the Round-up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Punch Taverns has declined to comment on a report that it may sell its 50% stake in UK drinks supplier Matthew Clark.
Carlsberg has taken another step to scale down its brewing operations in Western Europe by selling its Feldschlösschen brewery in Germany.
The UK arm of Maxxium has reported strong rises in both net sales and profits for its most recent fiscal year, driven by the venture's core brands and the addition of a travel retail business unit.
Heineken is seeking to gain a licence deal to recreate the recipe for what is thought to be the world's oldest surviving bottled beer.
Ratings agency Standard & Poor's has added its voice to those anticipating a fresh wave of drinks industry consolidation in the near future.
C&C Group has declined to comment on a report that it may sign bottling contracts with Diageo and Heineken in Ireland.
Almost a third of beer drinkers surveyed by Mintel in the US are drinking less craft beer than they did one year ago, because of the price.
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has moved the MD of its international operations to the new role of senior vice president of corporate development.
Constellation Brands has said that the sale of its Australian and UK wine operations will help it to become more profitable.
Anheuser-Busch InBev's head of marketing in the US has left the brewer.
Part II of this month's management briefing on the drinks retail landscape, concerns itself with convenience stores. How is the impulse channel holding up in these trying times?...
Last week we ran the first part of our exclusive interview with the chief marketing officer of Anheuser-Busch InBev, Chris Burggraeve. Here's part two, in which Olly Wehring tries to get inside the in...
SABMiller's entry into Belgium's speciality beer market makes sense and more niche deals are likely across Europe's craft beer sector....
Budejovicky Budvar has reported net profits of CZK174m (US$10.4m) for 2010, up by 24% compared to 2009....
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018