just the Round-up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Pioneer Foods and KWV Holdings have jointly confirmed that the South African food and drink group has tabled a takeover bid for the wine and spirits maker.
Sunny Delight Beverages Co has sold its Western European Sunny Delight juice drink business to Orangina Schweppes, while looking to up its focus on North America.
Belvédère has confirmed that it has put the sale of the Marie Brizard subsidiary and its distribution activities in Poland on hold, citing “strategic reasons.”
Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Co has made a EUR94m (US$125.9m) offer for the shares of Nigerian Bottling Company it does not already own.
Diageo aims to double the size of its business in the Middle East within the next five years by selling more premium drinks in travel retail at the region's key airports.
The UK arm of Diageo and Intercontinental Brands have agreed a final settlement over the latter's Vodkat RTD brand.
The Coca-Cola Co has said that the size of its business following the takeover of Coca-Cola Enterprises in North America will give it better protection against rising commodity costs.
UK trade body The Gin & Vodka Association has announced that it is to cease operations.
The value of fine wine has raced to its highest level on record, as Asia's thirst for prestigious bottles has helped auction houses to shake off their hangover from the global recession.
A key charity has dented the campaign for a tax on sugary soft drinks in the US by pulling its support for the policy.
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Will the Selfie Prove the Tonic for Beauty Drinks?
- Interview - Concha y Toro Marketing Director
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review