just the Round-up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Danone's CEO has reportedly said that the French group is not seeking to sell its bottled water business, but it is negotiating a new distribution set-up in Japan.
The producer of the third best-selling energy drink in the US, Rockstar Energy Drink, is looking to raise finance and may attempt to sell its business, according to a report.
The co-founder of the UK's leading smoothie-maker, Innocent Drinks, has said it is "absurd" that smoothies should be subject to value added tax at the full rate.
Scotch whisky distillers have a second trademark success to cheer in as many months after gaining protected name status for their products in Panama.
Southern Wine & Spirits of New York, a division of Southern Wine & Spirits of America, has made a number of appointments to its senior management team.
Diageo has officially opened its controversial Captain Morgan rum distillery in the US Virgin Islands.
SABMiller has bought Argentina's third largest brewer, Casa Isenbeck, from Germany's Warsteiner for an undisclosed fee.
Foster's Group has said it intends to contest income tax assessments it has received from the Australian Commissioner of Taxation.
A takeover bid from South African food and drink group Pioneer Foods for wine and spirits maker KWV Holdings could happen as early as Friday (26 November), just-drinks understands.
The head of Blavod Wines & Spirits has played down losses in the company's half-year performance but warned that he remains cautious for the rest of the year.
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Pernod takes Absolut Warhol push to Travel Retail
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review