just the Round-up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Danone's CEO has reportedly said that the French group is not seeking to sell its bottled water business, but it is negotiating a new distribution set-up in Japan.
The producer of the third best-selling energy drink in the US, Rockstar Energy Drink, is looking to raise finance and may attempt to sell its business, according to a report.
The co-founder of the UK's leading smoothie-maker, Innocent Drinks, has said it is "absurd" that smoothies should be subject to value added tax at the full rate.
Scotch whisky distillers have a second trademark success to cheer in as many months after gaining protected name status for their products in Panama.
Southern Wine & Spirits of New York, a division of Southern Wine & Spirits of America, has made a number of appointments to its senior management team.
Diageo has officially opened its controversial Captain Morgan rum distillery in the US Virgin Islands.
SABMiller has bought Argentina's third largest brewer, Casa Isenbeck, from Germany's Warsteiner for an undisclosed fee.
Foster's Group has said it intends to contest income tax assessments it has received from the Australian Commissioner of Taxation.
A takeover bid from South African food and drink group Pioneer Foods for wine and spirits maker KWV Holdings could happen as early as Friday (26 November), just-drinks understands.
The head of Blavod Wines & Spirits has played down losses in the company's half-year performance but warned that he remains cautious for the rest of the year.
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk