just the Round-up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Danone's CEO has reportedly said that the French group is not seeking to sell its bottled water business, but it is negotiating a new distribution set-up in Japan.
The producer of the third best-selling energy drink in the US, Rockstar Energy Drink, is looking to raise finance and may attempt to sell its business, according to a report.
The co-founder of the UK's leading smoothie-maker, Innocent Drinks, has said it is "absurd" that smoothies should be subject to value added tax at the full rate.
Scotch whisky distillers have a second trademark success to cheer in as many months after gaining protected name status for their products in Panama.
Southern Wine & Spirits of New York, a division of Southern Wine & Spirits of America, has made a number of appointments to its senior management team.
Diageo has officially opened its controversial Captain Morgan rum distillery in the US Virgin Islands.
SABMiller has bought Argentina's third largest brewer, Casa Isenbeck, from Germany's Warsteiner for an undisclosed fee.
Foster's Group has said it intends to contest income tax assessments it has received from the Australian Commissioner of Taxation.
A takeover bid from South African food and drink group Pioneer Foods for wine and spirits maker KWV Holdings could happen as early as Friday (26 November), just-drinks understands.
The head of Blavod Wines & Spirits has played down losses in the company's half-year performance but warned that he remains cautious for the rest of the year.
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Britvic's FY Performance by Region - Focus
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- This week in spirits & wine
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts