just the Round-up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Bacardi has declined to comment on a report that it is seeking acquisitions to expand its presence in India's whisky market.
Fortune Brands has declined to comment on whether it has held talks with activist shareholder Bill Ackman on splitting and selling the group's spirits, golf and home businesses.
Remy Cointreau has said that its Champagne arm is unprofitable and the group hopes to reinvest proceeds from selling the business into Cognac and other spirits.
Strong demand for Sobieski vodka in the US has brought a little cheer to stricken French drinks group Belvedere, as it commences a ten-year debt repayment plan.
The US Food and Drug Administration has threatened to seize stocks of certain branded, caffeinated alcoholic drinks unless their producers agree to cut out the caffeine.
Thai Public Beverage Co has denied that it plans to take control of Serm Suk, in the latest twist of a protracted takeover battle for the soft drinks bottler.
SABMiller is in the market for acquisitions, but the brewer's CEO has said that the firm will not overspend in a bidding war.
Wine trade association Inter-Beaujolais is anticipating sales of 41.5m bottles for the 2010 Beaujolais Nouveau, which was released for consumption today (18 November).
Diageo's Moon Mountain Vodka
World wine production is set to fall to its lowest level for eight years this year due to cut-backs in Europe, the US and Australia, new figures show.
Bacardi has started a television and cinema advertising campaign in the UK for its namesake rum brand....
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Pernod takes Absolut Warhol push to Travel Retail
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014