just the Round-up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Bacardi has declined to comment on a report that it is seeking acquisitions to expand its presence in India's whisky market.
Fortune Brands has declined to comment on whether it has held talks with activist shareholder Bill Ackman on splitting and selling the group's spirits, golf and home businesses.
Remy Cointreau has said that its Champagne arm is unprofitable and the group hopes to reinvest proceeds from selling the business into Cognac and other spirits.
Strong demand for Sobieski vodka in the US has brought a little cheer to stricken French drinks group Belvedere, as it commences a ten-year debt repayment plan.
The US Food and Drug Administration has threatened to seize stocks of certain branded, caffeinated alcoholic drinks unless their producers agree to cut out the caffeine.
Thai Public Beverage Co has denied that it plans to take control of Serm Suk, in the latest twist of a protracted takeover battle for the soft drinks bottler.
SABMiller is in the market for acquisitions, but the brewer's CEO has said that the firm will not overspend in a bidding war.
Wine trade association Inter-Beaujolais is anticipating sales of 41.5m bottles for the 2010 Beaujolais Nouveau, which was released for consumption today (18 November).
Diageo's Moon Mountain Vodka
World wine production is set to fall to its lowest level for eight years this year due to cut-backs in Europe, the US and Australia, new figures show.
Bacardi has started a television and cinema advertising campaign in the UK for its namesake rum brand....
- Winners & losers of AB InBev's SABMiller takeover
- Can Bacardi take its rum back to the party?
- ABInBev on the verge of SABMiller buy? - Comment
- What Trans-Pacific Partnership means for drinks
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Anheuser-Busch InBev wins SABMiller's hand
- A-B InBev raises SABMiller offer to GBP70.5bn
- Carlsberg UK chief James Lousada quits
- Ketel One co-owner now Bols' largest shareholder
- Beam Suntory CMO to stand down
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV - Strategy and SWOT Report