just the Round-up - The week in drinks
Top stories on just-drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Diageo's bid to take control of Shui Jing Fang could set an important precedent on China's drinks market.
Billionaire investor Warren Buffett is believed to be intent on building a US-wide distribution network for alcoholic drinks, in a move that would increase the pressure on existing players.
Small-scale breweries continue to flourish across much of Western Europe and North America, making a mockery of the idea that consumer demand for beer in these markets is weak.
Carlsberg has warned that it will be forced to raise beer prices in most of its markets due to higher-than-expected barley costs.
Just as Danone's bottled water division has begun its climb to recovery, speculation has surfaced that the Evian producer might dispose of the business. Here, just-drinks speaks to analysts and assesses the firm's strategy.
Scotch whisky distillers have welcomed China's move to legally protect their products from copycats.
Southern Wine & Spirits of America plans to step up its presence in fine wine distribution by acquiring World Class Wines for an undisclosed fee.
Mexico's largest brewer, Grupo Modelo, has confirmed that it is eyeing acquisitions in beer and other drinks categories in emerging markets.
We should not be too surprised that Diageo has ended its flirtation with Stock Spirits....
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018