just the Round-up - The week in drinks
Top stories on just-drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Diageo's bid to take control of Shui Jing Fang could set an important precedent on China's drinks market.
Billionaire investor Warren Buffett is believed to be intent on building a US-wide distribution network for alcoholic drinks, in a move that would increase the pressure on existing players.
Small-scale breweries continue to flourish across much of Western Europe and North America, making a mockery of the idea that consumer demand for beer in these markets is weak.
Carlsberg has warned that it will be forced to raise beer prices in most of its markets due to higher-than-expected barley costs.
Just as Danone's bottled water division has begun its climb to recovery, speculation has surfaced that the Evian producer might dispose of the business. Here, just-drinks speaks to analysts and assesses the firm's strategy.
Scotch whisky distillers have welcomed China's move to legally protect their products from copycats.
Southern Wine & Spirits of America plans to step up its presence in fine wine distribution by acquiring World Class Wines for an undisclosed fee.
Mexico's largest brewer, Grupo Modelo, has confirmed that it is eyeing acquisitions in beer and other drinks categories in emerging markets.
We should not be too surprised that Diageo has ended its flirtation with Stock Spirits....
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research