just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Diageo has strengthened the presence of Guinness on the UK rugby union scene by signing sponsorship deals with the national rugby bodies for England, Wales and Scotland.
Belvédère has said that it will sell the industrial assets of Florida Distillers to an unidentified buyer for US$48m in order to meet debt repayments.
Tough conditions on the UK wine market will cut profits across the global wine sector as emerging countries such as China remain too far behind to pick up the slack, a report by Rabobank has warned.
Radico Khaitan is in talks with international drinks companies with a view to importing and distributing new brands in the firm's native India.
Molson Coors' interest in acquiring the beer operations of Foster's Group appears to have weakened after the Canadian brewer said it would relinquish its stake in the Australian firm.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has said that it expects stronger profits momentum in the final months of 2010 after the brewer beat most analysts' expectations in its third quarter.
Diageo has released updated packaging for its single malt variants in the Bushmills Irish whiskey stable.
The UK Government is seeking to penalise the bottom end of the cider market by establishing a minimum juice level for products, in a move that has been welcomed by industry leaders.
Brewers in Russia are seeking to derail a legislative proposal that seeks to further limit beer sales in the country.
Scotch whisky exports rose by 17% in value in the first half of 2010, led by rebounding consumer demand in key markets.
We should not be too surprised that Diageo has ended its flirtation with Stock Spirits....
In Denmark, this month, Pete Brown bore witness to the latest attempt by a multinational brewer to give its flagship beer a global identity. This well-worn road, however, is beset by perils and pitfal...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts