just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Pernod Ricard's Cuban rum joint-venture with Cubaexport, Havana Club, has lined up a global advertising campaign for its namesake brand.
Diageo will strip more costs out of its business in recession-hit Europe and North America in order to help it invest in emerging markets like Africa, the firm's supply chief has said.
Vandals have laid waste to hundreds of thousands of litres of Muscadet wine as the French region faces one of the toughest periods in its recent history.
After a brief respite during the FIFA World Cup, UK beer sales have slumped back into the pattern of decline that has dogged the sector in recent years, according to the British Beer & Pub Association.
Heineken's chief financial officer has launched a broadside against rival Carlsberg over its pricing strategy in Russia following a hike in beer excise tax in the country.
The CEO of Dr Pepper Snapple Group has said that he remains "cautiously optimistic" on the outlook for the US soft drinks market, despite cutting the firm's sales guidance for 2010.
The UK arm of Heineken has lined up an advertising push for its Kronenbourg 1664 , featuring the rock band Motorhead.
Spirits producers operating in Spain could see sales fall by 10% to around EUR1.6bn (US$2.23bn) this year amid the country's deep recession but could see an improvement next year, according to trade consultant DBK.
Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE) has said that it will consider expanding outside of the territories it currently operates in.
Don't go getting too excited about talk of improvements in mature beer markets....
In Denmark, this month, Pete Brown bore witness to the latest attempt by a multinational brewer to give its flagship beer a global identity. This well-worn road, however, is beset by perils and pitfal...
Skalli has poached an executive from Pernod Ricard to head up its 'premium channel' sales in the UK....
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Scotch Whisky Top 20 Export Markets 2014
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Ethiopia competition to remain "intense" - Diageo
- Heineken to cut jobs in global shake-up
- Bacardi bags a Bourbon with Angel's Envy buy
- Bacardi Brown-Forman here to stay
- Moet Hennessy sells Scotch Malt Whisky Society
- Carlsberg takes on Stella Artois in new campaign
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Heineken N.V. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly