just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Pernod Ricard's Cuban rum joint-venture with Cubaexport, Havana Club, has lined up a global advertising campaign for its namesake brand.
Diageo will strip more costs out of its business in recession-hit Europe and North America in order to help it invest in emerging markets like Africa, the firm's supply chief has said.
Vandals have laid waste to hundreds of thousands of litres of Muscadet wine as the French region faces one of the toughest periods in its recent history.
After a brief respite during the FIFA World Cup, UK beer sales have slumped back into the pattern of decline that has dogged the sector in recent years, according to the British Beer & Pub Association.
Heineken's chief financial officer has launched a broadside against rival Carlsberg over its pricing strategy in Russia following a hike in beer excise tax in the country.
The CEO of Dr Pepper Snapple Group has said that he remains "cautiously optimistic" on the outlook for the US soft drinks market, despite cutting the firm's sales guidance for 2010.
The UK arm of Heineken has lined up an advertising push for its Kronenbourg 1664 , featuring the rock band Motorhead.
Spirits producers operating in Spain could see sales fall by 10% to around EUR1.6bn (US$2.23bn) this year amid the country's deep recession but could see an improvement next year, according to trade consultant DBK.
Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE) has said that it will consider expanding outside of the territories it currently operates in.
Don't go getting too excited about talk of improvements in mature beer markets....
In Denmark, this month, Pete Brown bore witness to the latest attempt by a multinational brewer to give its flagship beer a global identity. This well-worn road, however, is beset by perils and pitfal...
Skalli has poached an executive from Pernod Ricard to head up its 'premium channel' sales in the UK....
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part II: Beer & Cider
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018