just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
William Grant & Sons has launched a worldwide, multi-million pound marketing campaign for Glenfiddich Scotch whisky.
Pernod Ricard has sold Lindauer and several other unnamed New Zealand wine brands to a consortium including Lion Nathan for NZD88m (US$66m).
Speaking exclusively to just-drinks in Cannes yesterday (19 October), Jonathan Driver, global brand ambassador for Johnnie Walker at Diageo, gives his view on the halo effect afforded to a brand by mega-premium expressions.
The great-grandchildren of the founder of Barq's root beer have filed a lawsuit against The Coca-Cola Co, claiming the firm does not legally own a share of the company.
Strong consumer demand for SABMiller's beers in Africa and China has outweighed analysts' disappointment over sales in the Americas.
Speaking exclusively to just-drinks in Cannes yesterday (19 October), the president of travel retail at Pernod Ricard Americas, Christophe Lemarié, explains which of the company's divested brands he'll miss the most.
The Coca-Cola Co has reported an increase in third quarter profits, driven by a strong top-line performance and a continued focus on cost management.
The European Commission has moved to force soft drinks and food firms to significantly reduce their use of artificial colourings that have been linked to hyperactivity in children.
Analysts believe that Pernod Ricard's unusually bold guidance on full-year profits growth is a significant vote of confidence in the global spirits sector's powers of recovery.
Britvic is to restructure its operations in Ireland as sales in the country continue to slide.
In this month's management briefing, Richard Woodard turns the spotlight on to the troublesome European markets of Greece, Ireland, Portugal and Spain. Coined unflatteringly, the PIGS, these four mark...
Following on from his introduction to the woes of the PIGS markets, the first part of this month's management briefing sees Richard Woodard focus more sharply on Spain and Portugal....
In the final part of this month's management briefing, Richard Woodard rounds off his tour of the PIGS markets in Greece....
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Tesco pulls small carton-size Ribena, Rubicon, Cap
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research