just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
William Grant & Sons has launched a worldwide, multi-million pound marketing campaign for Glenfiddich Scotch whisky.
Pernod Ricard has sold Lindauer and several other unnamed New Zealand wine brands to a consortium including Lion Nathan for NZD88m (US$66m).
Speaking exclusively to just-drinks in Cannes yesterday (19 October), Jonathan Driver, global brand ambassador for Johnnie Walker at Diageo, gives his view on the halo effect afforded to a brand by mega-premium expressions.
The great-grandchildren of the founder of Barq's root beer have filed a lawsuit against The Coca-Cola Co, claiming the firm does not legally own a share of the company.
Strong consumer demand for SABMiller's beers in Africa and China has outweighed analysts' disappointment over sales in the Americas.
Speaking exclusively to just-drinks in Cannes yesterday (19 October), the president of travel retail at Pernod Ricard Americas, Christophe Lemarié, explains which of the company's divested brands he'll miss the most.
The Coca-Cola Co has reported an increase in third quarter profits, driven by a strong top-line performance and a continued focus on cost management.
The European Commission has moved to force soft drinks and food firms to significantly reduce their use of artificial colourings that have been linked to hyperactivity in children.
Analysts believe that Pernod Ricard's unusually bold guidance on full-year profits growth is a significant vote of confidence in the global spirits sector's powers of recovery.
Britvic is to restructure its operations in Ireland as sales in the country continue to slide.
In this month's management briefing, Richard Woodard turns the spotlight on to the troublesome European markets of Greece, Ireland, Portugal and Spain. Coined unflatteringly, the PIGS, these four mark...
Following on from his introduction to the woes of the PIGS markets, the first part of this month's management briefing sees Richard Woodard focus more sharply on Spain and Portugal....
In the final part of this month's management briefing, Richard Woodard rounds off his tour of the PIGS markets in Greece....
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014