just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Sales of Drambuie, the Scotch whisky liqueur, have struggled to regain ground lost during the height of the global economic crisis.
Australia's wine industry has taken a fresh dip on the currency rollercoaster ride following predictions that the Australian dollar will hit parity with its US counterpart.
Ireland's Alcohol Beverage Federation has strongly criticised a report by members of the country's Parliament that calls for a ban on drinks firms sponsoring sporting events.
C&C Group plans to invest heavily to continue growing its core cider business outside of the UK and Ireland.
International spirits brands upped their dominance of the travel retail channel last, according to recent research.
Diageo has declined to comment on reports that its East African Breweries unit is close to selling a stake in SABMiller subsidiary Tanzania Breweries.
The head of Foster's Group's wine arm, Treasury Wine Estates, has said the firm needs to up its premium focus in the US in order to improve earnings, according to a report.
Heineken's CEO, Jean-Francois van Boxmeer, has said that the brewer still has room to increase sales in Europe, despite beer consumption declines in many countries.
Diageo could raise its profits guidance if the Johnnie Walker distiller's trading momentum from the first quarter continues over the key Christmas period, analysts believe.
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- This week in spirits & wine
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- Beam Suntory's Laphroaig Brodir - NPD
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts