just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
The Coca-Cola Co has completed its takeover of the North America operations of its major bottler, Coca-Cola Enterprises.
Stock Spirits has ended its interest in acquiring Nemiroff in a development that is believed to leave Russian Standard as the sole bidder for the Ukrainian vodka giant.
UK brewer Wells & Young's has confirmed that it will lose the licensing rights for Diageo's Red Stripe and Grupo Modelo's Corona Extra beer brands in the country next year.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has refused to comment on its intentions regarding Grupo Modelo, after the Mexican brewer's CEO said that the firm would resist outside takeover offers.
Bacardi has reported strong consumer demand for its Dewar's Scotch whisky after completing the first phase of a ten-year, US$250m project to increase distilling and storage capacity.
Pernod Ricard has promoted Marty Crane to the position of senior vice president of spirits in the US.
Constellation Brands has said that it sees fresh momentum in its wine, spirits and beer business, despite reporting a slight dip in half-year sales.
Castel has denied that it is in talks to sell its African beer arm to SABMiller for GBP6bn (US$9.5bn).
PepsiCo has said it will place more emphasis on producing products backed by science as it announces plans to create a nutrition business unit to develop new products in a series of drinks categories.
Cooley Distillers is on the lookout for partners as strong global demand for Irish whiskey has generated greater interest in the sector, the group's managing director has told just-drinks.
Heineken UK is to cut jobs as part of a plan to merge its arms-length pub business, Scottish & Newcastle Pub Co, with the brewer's other on-trade operations in the country.
The second part of March's management briefing sees Ben Cooper spread his net further afield, and consider the corporate social responsibility approach within the European Union....
In this, the final part of our management briefing for March, Ben Cooper casts his eye over the corporate social responsibility activity in the US....
SABMiller's CEO, Graham Mackay, has stoked the fire of speculation by forecasting more consolidation in the beer sector, but has he also hinted that Foster's Group is asking for too much money?...
No sooner had I penned some ponderings on yet another 'Diageo in move to buy...' story yesterday, as (yet) another one came along....
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Pernod Ricard keen to stem Absolut US declines
- Heineken adds to UK on-trade footprint
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research