just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
The Edrington Group plans to invest GBP10m (US$15.8m) on a high-speed bottling line and new storage facilities for its Scotch whisky in a move that will result in 23 job losses.
Cask ale outperformed a shrinking UK beer market in 2009 thanks to growing interest in the category from younger consumers.
The Coca-Cola Co has agreed to restrict access to competitive business information of Dr Pepper Snapple Group as a condition of completing the acquisition of Coca-Cola Enterprise's (CCE) North American bottling operations.
Skyy Spirits has confirmed plans for an advertising push behind its namesake vodka brand in the US.
Asahi Breweries has announced the closure of one of its breweries in Japan.
Diageo could build another major Scotch whisky distillery within the next few years if demand for its brands continues to rise in Latin America and Asia.
An array of trade bodies in the US have reiterated their opposition to HR 5034 ahead of its hearing later today.
The Coca-Cola Co said it will "rigorously protect and defend" its 'Simply' line of juices after filing a lawsuit against Aldi for infringement of patents of the brand.
Drinks firms face a tougher consumer environment than previously thought in developed markets after the International Labour Organisation predicted that jobless rates will not return to pre-crisis levels until at least 2015.
William Grant & Sons has reported a 40% jump in sales for 2009 thanks to fresh distribution deals and investment behind its core Scotch whisky brands.
The recent attempt by Asahi Breweries of Japan to buy P&N Beverages has led Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd to delve into the bedrock of the current ownership status of Australia's beverage industry wi...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015