just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Budweiser remains the most valuable alcoholic drinks brand in the world after the self-styled 'King of Beers' fended off challenges from Heineken and Corona Extra, according to consultancy group Interbrand.
The CEO of SABMiller, Graham Mackay, has confirmed that the multinational brewer has taken a look at Foster's Group's Australian beer arm.
Nemiroff vodka has topped the latest list of elite spirits brands issued annually by research group IWSR.
Whyte & Mackay is locked in a potentially costly court battle with the distributor of its John Barr blended Scotch whisky in the US, Capstone International.
Plans to implement a minimum price on alcoholic drinks in Scotland have been dealt a fatal blow by opposition politicians in the country's Parliament.
Belvédère has suffered a potentially serious setback to its financial recovery plan after a court confirmed that the French drinks group must pay back debt more quickly than previously expected.
Blavod Wines & Spirits is set to part ways with Cockspur rum in the UK, less than a month after it emerged that the two parties were in a dispute over their distribution contract.
Diageo has launched Swedish vodka brand Rokk in the US.
Whyte & Mackay will be the new distributor for Cockspur rum in the UK and Ireland following the brand's split from Blavod Wine & Spirits.
A consumer shift to drinking wine and beer at home has been blamed for UK retailers missing their waste reduction targets, according to an official report.
The Public Health Responsibility Deal, unveiled by the UK government today, underlines its commitment to voluntary company-led measures to tackle alcohol-related problems. However, Ben Cooper believes...
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q4 & FY
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory
- Brown-Forman unveils Jack Daniel's UK push