just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
The on-trade in the Republic of Ireland is experiencing “effective meltdown”, according to the Drinks Industry Group of Ireland.
The European Federation of Bottled Waters (EFBW) has moved to dismiss criticism that its industry is environmentally-damaging by claiming that the ecological footprint of bottled water is lighter than other soft-drinks.
The Edrington Group has reported double digit rises in turnover and profit before tax for its full year on the back of strong performances from its leading brands.
United Spirits has lined up the acquisition of majority control of Indian drinks firm Pioneer Distilleries.
Millennium Alcobev, the Indian brewing joint venture between Heineken and United Breweries, is set to be merged in to the Indian firm.
The head of Diageo saw his annual salary leap by 72% last year, according to the firm's annual report.
The managing director of Beam Global Spirits & Wine in Europe has warned of a potential brand drain from the UK spirits market unless the industry can work together to improve its profitability.
UK wine drinkers are drinking less and losing interest in the category, according to research.
The CEO of Gruppo Campari has described the purchase of liqueur brands Carolans, Frangelico and Irish Mist as financially very attractive and insisted that the deal still leaves room for the Italian group to make further acquisitions.
Diageo's results last week spelt out one strong message, as far as M&A nut Richard Woodard is concerned. Let's watch him clap his hands and jump up and down as he tells us what he heard....
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Pernod takes Absolut Warhol push to Travel Retail
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014