just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Diageo has launched a Jose Cuervo marketing campaign in the US as it seeks to stem a double-digit decline in sales for the Tequila brand in one of its largest markets.
Beer sales fell by 2% in volume in the US in 2009, with imported brands given a particularly rough ride, according to the Beverage Information Group (BIG).
Pernod Ricard has said it will consider disposing of more drinks assets, but has ruled out acquisitions as it seeks to focus on cutting net debt.
William Grant & Sons has moved the global marketing department for its non-Scotch whisky brands from London to Dublin.
Foster's Group management will be celebrating with a glass of Wolf Blass Sparkling Rosé this evening after proving that someone wants to buy its wine business.
Molson Coors' CFO, Stewart Glendinning, has said that cost savings will remain critical to the brewer's performance as beer sales continue to struggle in its major markets.
The rise of craft beer in the US mirrors the growing popularity of wine in the 1960s and 70s, but competition for shelf space is to become more intense, the founder of Boston Beer Co has said.
The US arm of Heineken has launched an aluminium bottle specifically for the country's on-trade.
Belvédère has announced the signature of an agreement with Global Emerging Markets Group (GEMG) with the US firm set to invest up to EUR70m (US$89m) in the drinks group over the next three years.
SABMiller has responded bullishly following yesterday's court ruling against Vodafone in India.
Diageo's results last week spelt out one strong message, as far as M&A nut Richard Woodard is concerned. Let's watch him clap his hands and jump up and down as he tells us what he heard....
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Brand
- Diageo upbeat on Scotch prospects
- Heineken CEO spies trouble ahead for UK
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo puts Bacardi in frame with white rum ads
- Edrington appoints new board director
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Heineken ups sales, profits despite volume squeeze
- Mast-Jagermeister closes Sidney Frank buy
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research