just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Diageo wants duty tax on beer, wine and cider in the UK to be raised to the level of the tax on spirits, the drinks giant has told the Government in a consultation on alcoholic drinks pricing.
Australia's competition watchdog could raise concerns about Asahi Breweries' deal to acquire the country's third largest soft drinks maker, P&N Beverages, according to a report.
Pernod Ricard has completed the sale of Spanish wine and liqueurs business Ambrosio Velasco to Diego Zamora for EUR32.4m (US$41.1m) in cash.
Australian winemakers can no longer use well-known names like Champagne, Prosecco, Port or Sherry on wines to be sold in the European Union, under a new deal that comes into force this week.
Strong global demand for Jameson has convinced Pernod Ricard to expand storage facilities for the whiskey brand at its Irish Distillers business.
Heineken has launched a special business unit to help the brewer more tightly control costs across its global operations.
Brown-Forman has said that the US spirits market proved more sluggish than expected in its first fiscal quarter, as the Jack Daniel whiskey distiller's share price fell on its cautious outlook.
Pernod Ricard has reported net profits up by 1% for its fiscal full-year after seeing better drinks sales in the second six months.
Analysts have described the resignation of Foster’s CFO Angus McKay as a blow for the company as it prepares to split its wine and beer divisions into separate listed entities.
The Coca-Cola Co has confirmed the completion of its purchase of Russian juice producer Nidan.
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018