just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Diageo wants duty tax on beer, wine and cider in the UK to be raised to the level of the tax on spirits, the drinks giant has told the Government in a consultation on alcoholic drinks pricing.
Australia's competition watchdog could raise concerns about Asahi Breweries' deal to acquire the country's third largest soft drinks maker, P&N Beverages, according to a report.
Pernod Ricard has completed the sale of Spanish wine and liqueurs business Ambrosio Velasco to Diego Zamora for EUR32.4m (US$41.1m) in cash.
Australian winemakers can no longer use well-known names like Champagne, Prosecco, Port or Sherry on wines to be sold in the European Union, under a new deal that comes into force this week.
Strong global demand for Jameson has convinced Pernod Ricard to expand storage facilities for the whiskey brand at its Irish Distillers business.
Heineken has launched a special business unit to help the brewer more tightly control costs across its global operations.
Brown-Forman has said that the US spirits market proved more sluggish than expected in its first fiscal quarter, as the Jack Daniel whiskey distiller's share price fell on its cautious outlook.
Pernod Ricard has reported net profits up by 1% for its fiscal full-year after seeing better drinks sales in the second six months.
Analysts have described the resignation of Foster’s CFO Angus McKay as a blow for the company as it prepares to split its wine and beer divisions into separate listed entities.
The Coca-Cola Co has confirmed the completion of its purchase of Russian juice producer Nidan.
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Comment - Diageo Making the Best of a Bad Job?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- How Modern Marketing Compounds My Twitter Shame
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- China to axe duty on Australian wine
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls out of LWF 2015
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research