just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Diageo wants duty tax on beer, wine and cider in the UK to be raised to the level of the tax on spirits, the drinks giant has told the Government in a consultation on alcoholic drinks pricing.
Australia's competition watchdog could raise concerns about Asahi Breweries' deal to acquire the country's third largest soft drinks maker, P&N Beverages, according to a report.
Pernod Ricard has completed the sale of Spanish wine and liqueurs business Ambrosio Velasco to Diego Zamora for EUR32.4m (US$41.1m) in cash.
Australian winemakers can no longer use well-known names like Champagne, Prosecco, Port or Sherry on wines to be sold in the European Union, under a new deal that comes into force this week.
Strong global demand for Jameson has convinced Pernod Ricard to expand storage facilities for the whiskey brand at its Irish Distillers business.
Heineken has launched a special business unit to help the brewer more tightly control costs across its global operations.
Brown-Forman has said that the US spirits market proved more sluggish than expected in its first fiscal quarter, as the Jack Daniel whiskey distiller's share price fell on its cautious outlook.
Pernod Ricard has reported net profits up by 1% for its fiscal full-year after seeing better drinks sales in the second six months.
Analysts have described the resignation of Foster’s CFO Angus McKay as a blow for the company as it prepares to split its wine and beer divisions into separate listed entities.
The Coca-Cola Co has confirmed the completion of its purchase of Russian juice producer Nidan.
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research