just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
New Zealand's Government has said it will raise the minimum age for buying alcohol in the country's off-trade to 20 from 18, as part of a crackdown on drinks sales.
The head of Foster's Group's Australian beer arm, Carlton & United Breweries, has said that tough conditions in the the country's beer market are set to continue.
Heineken has reported a strong rise in half-year profits as cost controls across its business offset weak beer sales in Europe and North America.
Efes Breweries International has bucked a decline on Russia's beer market by reporting a strong increase in sales in the first half of 2010.
Japan's Asahi Breweries is to follow-up its takeover of Schweppes in Australia by acquiring the country's third largest soft drinks group, P&N Beverages, for AUD364m (US$323m).
Diageo plans to push further into Africa's beer market and invest more in emerging markets in Asia and Latin America as consumer demand for alcoholic drinks in Europe and North America continues to falter.
Cognac volume sales increased by 11% in the year to the end of July, with resurgent growth led by high-end varieties, according to the trade body Bureau National Interprofessionnel Cognac (BNIC).
Kirin Holdings has said that will take full control of its wine and spirits subsidiary, Mercian Corporation, following irregularities in the division's accounts.
Diageo's results last week spelt out one strong message, as far as M&A nut Richard Woodard is concerned. Let's watch him clap his hands and jump up and down as he tells us what he heard....
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Britvic's FY Performance by Region - Focus
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- This week in spirits & wine
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts