just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
New Zealand's Government has said it will raise the minimum age for buying alcohol in the country's off-trade to 20 from 18, as part of a crackdown on drinks sales.
The head of Foster's Group's Australian beer arm, Carlton & United Breweries, has said that tough conditions in the the country's beer market are set to continue.
Heineken has reported a strong rise in half-year profits as cost controls across its business offset weak beer sales in Europe and North America.
Efes Breweries International has bucked a decline on Russia's beer market by reporting a strong increase in sales in the first half of 2010.
Japan's Asahi Breweries is to follow-up its takeover of Schweppes in Australia by acquiring the country's third largest soft drinks group, P&N Beverages, for AUD364m (US$323m).
Diageo plans to push further into Africa's beer market and invest more in emerging markets in Asia and Latin America as consumer demand for alcoholic drinks in Europe and North America continues to falter.
Cognac volume sales increased by 11% in the year to the end of July, with resurgent growth led by high-end varieties, according to the trade body Bureau National Interprofessionnel Cognac (BNIC).
Kirin Holdings has said that will take full control of its wine and spirits subsidiary, Mercian Corporation, following irregularities in the division's accounts.
Diageo's results last week spelt out one strong message, as far as M&A nut Richard Woodard is concerned. Let's watch him clap his hands and jump up and down as he tells us what he heard....
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future