just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
New Zealand's Government has said it will raise the minimum age for buying alcohol in the country's off-trade to 20 from 18, as part of a crackdown on drinks sales.
The head of Foster's Group's Australian beer arm, Carlton & United Breweries, has said that tough conditions in the the country's beer market are set to continue.
Heineken has reported a strong rise in half-year profits as cost controls across its business offset weak beer sales in Europe and North America.
Efes Breweries International has bucked a decline on Russia's beer market by reporting a strong increase in sales in the first half of 2010.
Japan's Asahi Breweries is to follow-up its takeover of Schweppes in Australia by acquiring the country's third largest soft drinks group, P&N Beverages, for AUD364m (US$323m).
Diageo plans to push further into Africa's beer market and invest more in emerging markets in Asia and Latin America as consumer demand for alcoholic drinks in Europe and North America continues to falter.
Cognac volume sales increased by 11% in the year to the end of July, with resurgent growth led by high-end varieties, according to the trade body Bureau National Interprofessionnel Cognac (BNIC).
Kirin Holdings has said that will take full control of its wine and spirits subsidiary, Mercian Corporation, following irregularities in the division's accounts.
Diageo's results last week spelt out one strong message, as far as M&A nut Richard Woodard is concerned. Let's watch him clap his hands and jump up and down as he tells us what he heard....
- Winners & losers of AB InBev's SABMiller takeover
- Can Bacardi take its rum back to the party?
- ABInBev on the verge of SABMiller buy? - Comment
- What Trans-Pacific Partnership means for drinks
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Anheuser-Busch InBev wins SABMiller's hand
- A-B InBev raises SABMiller offer to GBP70.5bn
- Carlsberg UK chief James Lousada quits
- Beam Suntory CMO to stand down
- Ketel One co-owner now Bols' largest shareholder
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV - Strategy and SWOT Report