just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
California's Senate has backed the state's wine industry in opposing a bill that it says could allow individual US states to discriminate against out-of-state producers.
Private equity group CVC Capital Partners has acquired drinks vending machine operator Autobar and is planning further acquisitions in the sector.
SABMiller has sparked a fresh Government investigation into "monopolistic practices" in Mexico's beer industry, but analysts believe the move is unlikely to damage leading brewers FEMSA Cerveza and Grupo Modelo.
Craft Brewers Alliance has agreed to acquire Hawaii-based Kona Brewing Co in a merger deal for an undisclosed fee.
The Coca-Cola Co's soft drinks bottling business in India, Hindustan Coca-Cola Beverages Pvt Ltd, is set to invest INR2.5bn (US$50m) to build a new manufacturing facility in Northern Karnataka.
The spirits unit of Berry Bros. & Rudd has lined up a “strategic partnership” in the US with Anchor Brewers & Distillers.
Foster's Group's newly named global wine arm, Treasury Wine Estates, has signed exclusive distribution deals with Southern Wine & Spirits of America in several US states.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has shrugged off concerns that a spike in wheat prices will affect the brewer's performance.
Carlsberg has launched Tuborg Strong in India as it looks to stamp its footprint on the country's emerging beer market.
Australian Vintage has climbed out of the red for its fiscal full-year, but wine sales continued to struggle amid unfavourable currency rates and pricing pressure in key markets.
There are sound reasons behind Anheuser-Busch InBev's foray into the cider market with Stella Cidre, but the brand needs to be clear about what it's trying to do if it's going to survive as a latecome...
The Supreme Court in India has asked the country's Government to remove persons linked to food and soft drinks companies from panels that enforce safety and standards on edible products, according to ...
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Focus - Suntory Holdings' FY Performance
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report