just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Constellation Brands has confirmed another wave of around 30 job losses in Australia as part of a review of its operations in the country.
Diageo's East African Breweries Ltd has been cleared by Tanzania's competition watchdog to acquire control of Serengeti Breweries in the country, according to a report.
SABMiller's South African Breweries arm has claimed victory in a long-running advertising battle against the Diageo and Heineken-owned unit, Brandhouse.
MillerCoors plans to plough more resources into its newly-created craft and imported beers division in an attempt to mitigate ongoing weakness in the mainstream US beer market.
Even a month of international football has failed to lift the gloom hanging over on-trade beer sales in the UK, with the latest industry figures showing supermarkets in the country as the clear winners.
Gruppo Campari has hailed the role of Brazil in its strong performance during the first half of this year.
India's largest brewers, United Breweries and SABMiller, have started patenting glass bottles as they look to curb the cost of manufacturing new bottles through buying back used ones.
Scotland's Government has stepped back from demanding a minimum price on alcoholic drinks in the face of strong opposition from other political parties.
Higher charges caused Central European Distribution Corp to drop into the red for the first half of 2010, despite a strong rise in sales.
A minimum price on vodka in Russia is helping to flush out the country's illicit alcohol market and drive consumers towards big producers, the president and CEO of Central European Distribution Corp has said.
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Forget Baby Boomers at your peril - Consumer Trend
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller
- Half-year sales lift for Pernod Ricard
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research