just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
The Edrington Group has appointed a global PR manager for its The Macallan and Highland Park single malt Scotch whisky brands.
Soft drinks giant PepsiCo is planning more innovation for Gatorade following positive signs since the February launch of its G-Series.
Australia has failed to overturn a ban on its wineries using the term 'Prosecco' for wines on sale in the EU.
India's United Spirits has reported a strong rise in first quarter sales with operating profits boosted by lower costs for raw materials.
Foster's Group has named its global wine arm Treasury Wine Estates, as it prepares to demerge the business from the its beer division.
Diageo's US wine business, Diageo Chateau & Estate Wines, has agreed to sell Bordeaux merchant house Barton & Guestier to France's Castel Freres for an undisclosed fee.
Pernod Ricard has confirmed the sale of its Bodegas Marques de Arienzo winery in Spain for EUR28m (US$35.7m) cash.
The Coca-Cola Co's CEO and chairman, Muhtar Kent, has talked up the soft drinks firm's potential in China following a strong second quarter for the company.
Pernod Ricard's operating profits rose by more than expected in the group's most recent fiscal year, as emerging markets drove a recovery in like-for-like sales in the second six months.
French wine giant Castel has strengthened its relationship with import Beijing Hengyi Shengsi (BHS) in order to enhance its distribution and sales network in China.
The first management briefing of 2011, brought to you by Euromonitor, looks at what this year will bring for the global drinks industry. Ahead of this, just-drinks looks back to look forward: Our brie...
PepsiCo has closed the manufacturing lines at its bottling plant in Hampden, Baltimore resulting in the loss of 77 jobs....
PepsiCo China has confirmed that Beijing Yiqing Holding Co is to sell 15% of its stake in a joint-venture between the two firms....
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Coca-Cola to get boost from Monster in China
- just the Ten - Top Analyses of 2014
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- United Spirits bids for distribution deal approval
- SWA eyes London boost with new office
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018