just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
The Edrington Group has appointed a global PR manager for its The Macallan and Highland Park single malt Scotch whisky brands.
Soft drinks giant PepsiCo is planning more innovation for Gatorade following positive signs since the February launch of its G-Series.
Australia has failed to overturn a ban on its wineries using the term 'Prosecco' for wines on sale in the EU.
India's United Spirits has reported a strong rise in first quarter sales with operating profits boosted by lower costs for raw materials.
Foster's Group has named its global wine arm Treasury Wine Estates, as it prepares to demerge the business from the its beer division.
Diageo's US wine business, Diageo Chateau & Estate Wines, has agreed to sell Bordeaux merchant house Barton & Guestier to France's Castel Freres for an undisclosed fee.
Pernod Ricard has confirmed the sale of its Bodegas Marques de Arienzo winery in Spain for EUR28m (US$35.7m) cash.
The Coca-Cola Co's CEO and chairman, Muhtar Kent, has talked up the soft drinks firm's potential in China following a strong second quarter for the company.
Pernod Ricard's operating profits rose by more than expected in the group's most recent fiscal year, as emerging markets drove a recovery in like-for-like sales in the second six months.
French wine giant Castel has strengthened its relationship with import Beijing Hengyi Shengsi (BHS) in order to enhance its distribution and sales network in China.
The first management briefing of 2011, brought to you by Euromonitor, looks at what this year will bring for the global drinks industry. Ahead of this, just-drinks looks back to look forward: Our brie...
PepsiCo has closed the manufacturing lines at its bottling plant in Hampden, Baltimore resulting in the loss of 77 jobs....
PepsiCo China has confirmed that Beijing Yiqing Holding Co is to sell 15% of its stake in a joint-venture between the two firms....
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- Brito gives call to arms to SABMiller shareholders
- Carlsberg UK chief James Lousada quits
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research