just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
An arbitration panel looking into the row between Grupo Modelo and Anheuser-Busch InBev has confirmed the latter's position.
Belvédère has entered into “exclusive negotiations” with COFEPP, the parent company of French group La Martiniquaise, for the sale of the majority of the assets of its Marie Brizard subsidiary.
Surplus Australian wine sold off for less than AUD1 (US$0.88) per litre has damaged the value of Australian wine exports over the past year.
Morrison Bowmore Distillers has said it is on course for a strong year after bucking a decline in the single malt Scotch whisky market in 2009.
The Scotch whisky arm of Pernod Ricard, Chivas Brothers, has lined up a packaging revamp for its Ballantine's blended Scotch whisky range.
The UB Group is to brew the Heineken brand in India following the two firms' tie-up late last year.
A ban on below-cost sales of alcohol and tougher licensing rules could become law by autumn 2011 at the latest, under plans set out by the UK's Coalition Government.
SABMiller sold more beer than it expected in South Africa during the FIFA World Cup, helping to offset difficult conditions for the brewer's local subsidiary in its first fiscal quarter.
The value of off-trade alcohol sales in the US has risen by more than a fifth over the last five years, according to new research.
Diageo's chief financial officer in North America, Cathy Jessup, is to leave the drinks firm.
One of the first signs of madness, I was always told, is talking to yourself. If that's the case, then Larry Nelson may have finally lost it. Before we cart him off, though, let's listen in on his and...
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Craft more about stories than M&A for Diageo
- The Glenlivet leapfrogs Glenfiddich
- Diageo readies "not quite as sincere" Scotch
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Brown-Forman Corporation (BFB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review