just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Japanese drinks major Suntory is mulling acquisitions in Eastern Europe, the Middle East and North Africa to grow its international sales by 40% in five years, a company official has confirmed to just-drinks.
Drinks retailers and wholesalers are coming under pressure in Greece as duty tax increases ordered within the government’s tough austerity programme start to bite.
The founder and CEO of Russian Standard Vodka has welcomed the planned price controls on vodka announced by the Russian Government.
Central European Distribution Corp (CEDC) has dropped plans to acquire Ukrainian vodka firm Nemiroff.
Leading economic body the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development has warned that unemployment poses a serious risk to recovery in western countries.
The UK Government's advertising watchdog is set to enforce stricter rules for online marketing by the alcoholic drinks industry.
Multinational spirits brands bore the brunt of a tough 2009, as local brands benefited from the economic downturn, according to recent research.
Scotch whisky distillers are toasting a commitment by China's Government to introduce protected name status for their products.
A spokesperson for John Distilleries has confirmed to just-drinks that the firm is targeting a INR750m (US$16m) private equity infusion, but that talks are ongoing and plans would soon be finalised.
As the old year decomposes slowly in its flat, forgotten by family and neighbours alike, and the newly-born one has its buttocks metaphorically slapped by the midwife of hope, Chris Losh takes his ann...
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- SABMiller's Q1 sales performance by region - Focus
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends