just the round-up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Irish whiskey's appeal to younger drinkers has shielded the sector from global recession and positioned it for strong growth over the next four years, according to Datamonitor.
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has confirmed that it has created the position of vice president of global marketing for its Maker's Mark Bourbon brand.
Foster's Group's US wine division has switched distribution partners in the country in an attempt to “align with distributors who share our growth vision”.
C&C Group has reported a slide in full-year profits, despite an increase in sales in the period.
Foster's Group has today (26 May) confirmed that it will demerge its beer and wine units.
Bacardi has confirmed the appointment of Silvia Lagnado as its chief marketing officer.
Champagne house Laurent-Perrier has confirmed that its chairman, Stéphane Tsassis, has resigned “for personal reasons”.
Orangina-Schweppes France has reported an increase in sales for 2009 and has outperformed the French soft drinks market so far in 2010.
Standard & Poor's has lowered its credit rating for Constellation Brands after predicting that there is little prospect for improvement at the wine giant in 2010.
Jones Soda has signed a deal with Walmart, which will see the beverage firm's products appear in the US retailer’s stores.
Sectors: Beer & cider, Company results, Corporate social responsibility (CSR), Emerging markets – BRIC, Environmental issues, HR – personnel, Legislation, Marketing – advertising & promotions, Mergers & acquisitions, Product launches, Soft drinks, Spirits, The off-trade, The on-trade, Water, Wine
Foster's Group has said it intends to contest income tax assessments it has received from the Australian Commissioner of Taxation....
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Ethiopia competition to remain "intense" - Diageo
- Bacardi bags a Bourbon with Angel's Envy buy
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Bacardi Brown-Forman here to stay
- Carlsberg takes on Stella Artois in new campaign
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014