just the round-up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Russian Standard has declined to comment on reports that it is a front-runner to acquire Nemiroff Ukrainian Vodka Company.
Brazilian orange juice firms Citrosuco and Citrovita are to join forces in a deal that will create the world’s largest orange juice company, according to reports.
Plastic bottles and bag-in-box packaging may be not be as good for storing wine as originally thought, according to a new study by Bordeaux's Institute of Vine and Wine Sciences (ISVV).
Britvic has submitted a binding offer to acquire independent French soft drinks maker Fruité for EUR237m (US$294m).
Global fruit juice sales are expected to recover in 2010, despite the downward trend of 2009 results, with Mexico, India, and China among the top countries poised for growth.
SABMiller has said it does not expect an upturn in consumer spending in several key beer markets for the next six months, after full-year earnings disappointed investors.
The majority of the UK wine trade still believes that the industry is in recession, but optimism levels have increased over last year as the sector comes to grips with a new business landscape, a survey conducted for just-drinks has found.
The UK's largest supermarket chain, Tesco, has publicly backed a minimum price for alcoholic drinks after the country's new Government promised a tougher approach to harmful drinking.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has reacquired the licence to brew and sell Budweiser lager in Russia as the brewer looks to regain market share by improving its presence in the country's premium beer sector.
The commercial director of Diageo's Australasian operations has decided to leave the company.
Sectors: Beer & cider, Company results, Corporate social responsibility (CSR), Emerging markets – BRIC, Environmental issues, HR – personnel, Legislation, Marketing – advertising & promotions, Mergers & acquisitions, Product launches, Soft drinks, Spirits, The off-trade, The on-trade, Water, Wine
Click play, below, to view the thoughts of SABMiller's CEO, Graham Mackay, on the brewers performance in the six months to the end of September....
- Scotch's Slipping Crown: Convenient for Diageo?
- Comment - Has Scotch Whisky Jumped the Shark?
- Can Beer Learn from Keurig and Nespresso?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q3 & YTD
- C&C Group 'puzzled' by Spirit Pub Co rejection
- Diageo partner Beckham turned down Beck's deal
- Whisky downturn slows Diageo's Scotch spend
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- EXCLUSIVE - Mast-Jaegermeister, TWE join watchdog
- Beam Suntory to roll out "Scotch-infused" Bourbon
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Wine in the United Kingdom
- Spirit Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts