just the round-up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
BELGIUM: Beer sales up at Duvel Moortgat
Belgian brewer Duvel Moortgat has reported a year-on-year rise in beer sales for the first quarter of 2010.
US: Jones Soda to expand sales territory and staff
Jones Soda is to expand its sales territories to three new areas of the US leading to the creation of more sales jobs.
INDIA: United Spirits targets overseas acquisitions
India's United Spirits is targeting overseas acquisitions as it looks to become the world's leading spirits maker by volume.
Focus – US: Coca-Cola Enterprises sees "rebound" in US
Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE) said it is seeing a “rebound” in the US soft drinks market, despite recording a drop in sales volumes for the region in the first quarter.
GLOBAL: Fraud warning as Bordeaux '09 vintage stuns critics
Wine trade leaders fear that the critically acclaimed Bordeaux 2009 vintage will foster fraudulent 'front' companies that will attempt to swindle investors by selling wine that doesn't exist.
EUROPE: Coca-Cola Co restructures Europe ops
Coca-Cola Co plans to reduce its business units in Europe from ten divisions to four, as part of the soft drinks giant's restructuring plan for the region.
INDIA: Indage Vintners secures lifeline with debt deal
Beleaguered Indian winemaker Indage Vintners hopes to reverse a winding up order on its operations after securing a deal to refinance debts.
FRANCE: Pernod Ricard sales rebound in Q3
Pernod Ricard has raised its profits guidance after strong demand for Cognac in Asia and a pick-up in the Americas helped the firm's sales to rebound in its fiscal third quarter.
UK: C&C Group divests spirits and liqueurs to William Grant & Sons
C&C Group has lined up the sale of its spirits and liqueur unit to William Grant & Sons for EUR300m (US$399.4m).
CHINA: Coca-Cola Co to build two new plants
The Coca-Cola Co said it plans to build two plants in China this year as part of its three-year investment in the country.
Sectors: Beer & cider, Company results, Corporate social responsibility (CSR), Emerging markets – BRIC, Environmental issues, HR – personnel, Legislation, Marketing – advertising & promotions, Mergers & acquisitions, Product launches, Soft drinks, Spirits, The off-trade, The on-trade, Water, Wine
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Will value-sharing in Travel Retail become reality
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Oban Little Bay single malt Scotch - NPD
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research