just the round-up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
US: Coca-Cola Co launches first World Cup TV ad
The Coca-Cola Co has launched the first television advert of its FIFA World Cup ‘Celebrations’ campaign.
UK: SABMiller sees volumes come in flat for full-year
Organic lager volumes in SABMiller's full-year remained flat in its latest fiscal year, with financial performance expected to be in line with expectations.
US: Eastern Europe factors in Coca-Cola Co flat volumes
The Coca-Cola Co has blamed Eastern and south-east Europe for driving flat volumes in Europe for its first quarter.
AUS: Australian wine at "watershed" moment
Investment bank Rabobank has said that Australia needs to pull up vines quicker if its wine industry is to rebalance supply and demand.
CHINA: Anheuser-Busch InBev begins Sichuan brewery construction
The Chinese arm of Anheuser-Busch InBev has begun construction of a new brewery in Sichuan province in the country.
NETHERLANDS: Heineken in no rush to sell brewery sites
A fall in property prices linked to the global economic crisis has held up Heineken's efforts to raise cash by selling brewery sites.
US: Constellation Brands adds Cott Corp CEO to board
Constellation Brands has announced the addition of Cott Corp's CEO to its board of directors.
GLOBAL: Scotch whisky discounting "unsustainable" - survey
Almost a third of the Scotch whisky industry believes that the current discounting and promotional environment in Europe is unsustainable, according to a just-drinks survey.
Focus - US: PepsiCo expects “challenging” H1
PepsiCo has said that it expects the first-half of 2010 to be “challenging”, with “more bumps in the road” in the second quarter.
UK: Scientists dilute figures in case for minimum pricing
The Scottish Government's case for a minimum price on alcoholic drinks has been weakened after key scientists in the debate said the policy would be less effective than first thought.
How Innovative Packaging is Transforming the Global Drinks Industry...
Global soft drinks sales proved to be somewhat recession resilient in 2009, though consumers did turn away from the premium spending that has driven the expansion of smaller categories like energy dri...
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- Heineken seeks "clarity" in Indonesia
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard unveils new Absolut bottle
- Diageo's United Spirits calls on Mallya to quit
- Beam Suntory to strip down regional units
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets