just the round-up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
TURKEY: Price rises boost Anadolu Efes sales
Price increases boosted sales for brewer and soft drinks maker Anadolu Efes in 2009.
US: Beam Global wins Maker's Mark lawsuit against Diageo
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has won a lawsuit against Diageo to protect the copyright of the red wax seal used on bottles of Maker's Mark Bourbon.
UK: Constellation Europe threatened with lawsuit
Constellation Brands' European unit has said it is “disappointed” that a marketing agency has threatened it with legal action in the UK.
US: Bacardi claims latest Havana Club round
Bacardi has claimed a legal victory in its long-running row with Pernod Ricard over the Havana Club trademark in the US.
UK: Cider tax rise dropped as election looms
A controversial 13% tax hike on cider is to be dropped from the UK Government's agenda due to a lack of Parliamentary time in the run-up to a General Election in the country.
US: Jones Soda Co changes CEO - again
Jones Soda Co has confirmed another change of CEO.
AUS: Constellation Brands, Australian Vintage end merger talks
Talks between Constellation Brands and Australian Vintage over a possible merger have closed, with the two firms deciding not to progress further.
JAPAN: Asahi Breweries to buy House Food water arm
The soft drinks unit of Asahi Breweries has reached an agreement to buy House Food Corp’s branded mineral water business for JPY5.3bn (US$56.9m).
US: Constellation Brands swings back to profit
Lower costs helped Constellation Brands to offset a fall in sales and swing back to the black in its fiscal full-year, the wine giant has announced.
INDIA: Carlsberg chills Anheuser-Busch InBev tie-up talk
Carlsberg has quelled speculation that it plans to work with Anheuser-Busch InBev in the fledgling Indian beer market.
Sectors: Beer & cider, Company results, Corporate social responsibility (CSR), Emerging markets – BRIC, Environmental issues, HR – personnel, Legislation, Marketing – advertising & promotions, Mergers & acquisitions, Product launches, Soft drinks, Spirits, The off-trade, The on-trade, Water, Wine
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018