just the round-up - The week in drinks
The most popular stories of the week on just-drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
NETHERLANDS: Heineken begins share buybacks for FEMSA
Heineken has begun its share repurchase programme, announced as part of its acquisition of FEMSA Cerveza.
PUERTO RICO/US: Diageo silent over National Puerto Rican Day Parade pull-out
Diageo has declined to comment on the announcement that the National Puerto Rican Day Parade is “terminating” its relationship with the drinks giant over the Captain Morgan affair.
UK: E&J Gallo Winery forecasts tough 2010
E&J Gallo Winery will continue trimming back its range in the UK in 2010, as the trend for promotions and a "savage" tax on wine make the country a tough place to do business.
US: Reed's to acquire Jones Soda in merger deal
Reed's is to acquire fellow US-based soft drinks group Jones Soda in a share and cash merger deal.
Focus - Brown-Forman in distribution rethink
Brown-Forman is reassessing distribution arrangements for its wine and spirits brands in key markets.
UK: Coca-Cola Enterprises, Diageo to launch GBP4m campaign
Diageo and Coca-Cola Enterprises have announced plans to launch a GBP4m (US$6m) marketing campaign in the UK, focusing on cocktail culture among the growing number of home drinkers.
EUR: EU to enforce labelling for colourings
Soft drinks companies operating in the European Union are to be forced to flag up on the front of bottles the use of artificial colourings linked to hyperactivity in children, under new EU rules.
CHILE: Vina Concha y Toro back in business
Vina Concha y Toro has resumed wine production and distribution less than two weeks after a powerful earthquake struck the country and its wine industry.
UK: Minimum pricing will decimate Whyte & Mackay - CEO
The CEO of Whyte & Mackay has warned that the Scotch whisky group may "cease to exist" if Scotland's Government pushes ahead with plans to introduce a minimum price on alcoholic drinks.
S AFRICA: KWV purchases Wild Africa Cream
KWV has acquired the Wild Africa Cream liqueur from Wild Cape Liqueurs in South Africa.
Embotelladoras Arca has lined up a joint-venture in South America with Ecuador Bottling Company (EBC)....
William Grant & Sons' UK distribution, sales and marketing unit, First Drinks, has appointed a new marketing director....
- Analysis - Will Diageo call time on wine?
- Martell's CEO & chairman, Philippe Guettat
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- Currency woes hurt Latin American FTZs - Diageo
- A-B InBev snaps up Bogotá Beer Co in Colombia
- Diageo considers wine operations sale
- Beam Suntory defeats 'handmade' lawsuit
- Diageo Canada adds new RTD canning line
- A-B InBev approves new chairman
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo Plc in Wine (World)
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review